Driver specs.for AR m5 speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of AR M5 holographic speakers and would like to build an optimum B/R enclosure for them.I am sure the 5 litre or so box they are in could be improved.Does anyone know,or could find out,the QTS and the VAS and hopefully the FS of the bass/mid driver.I ask because this driver is so free from faults I would love to hear it at its best.A long shot.

Attachments

• Picture All photo`s 1145.jpg
    Picture All photo`s 1145.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
You could always get DATS V2 and measure it yourself.

I also just realized how modified your speakers are already. It looks like a new tweeter has been put on to replace the one in the front baffle.

Usually doing mods like this end up costing a lot more money than the drivers are worth. Consider finding a small speaker kit instead?

Best,

Erik

Yes,the 2 boxes are connected via a 2"diameter hole to give an extra 2 litres of total enclosure volume.The AR driver has such a smooth response,I don`t know of any 135mm driver that would better it.Cheers,Leo.PS the V2 system costs as much as a pair of good bass/mid drivers so it would be false ecconomy for a one time use.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.