Driver for dual 12" sealed

It's been my experience that things will often go wrong during the "testing" phase.

Like the time I folded the cone on a Beyma 15P1200Nd because I forgot to set a highpass filter. 2" of peak-to-peak excursion (Xmech) looks really impressive. Shame it can only happen once.

Chris

Hi Matt , i suspect the final choice of driver may come down to the application - hifi or HT, music types (jazz, classical, pop-rock, dubstep) and maybe most of all your preference for low bass, midbass, speed, impact and otherwise subjective bass quality.

As Shrub outlined in his subjective impressions of the drivers, they excel in specific areas.
Another option worth considering is the SB34NRXL.

Given the Vortex 15, midbass should not be lacking. I would consider running the V15 sealed and full range, no high pass. Let it handle the midbass speed and impact. That means there is less need for a punchy midbass driver like the magnum 12.
In that case, the 315HE will have the most authoritative low bass weight, while the Lab12 and 34nrxl will be more balanced in low and midbass.

If the mains are using typical 6in hifi midbass, i wouldn't think the 315HE would be a good fit, as the midbass would be lacking. But in this case they are a great option imo.

Whether you might prefer the 315HE or Lab12 /34nrxl depends on what type of bass you like, and the type of music being played.

Thank you for the thoughtful comment. I am excited for great midbass from the Vortexes (Vortices?). I'm going to be doing MLTLs for these, but sealed is always an option down the road if I have problems with integration.

I ended up going with the Labs based on their solid reputation and -- as it turned out -- substantially lower overall cost when the local Eminence distributor had a Black Friday sale. It was going to be >40% more for the Daytons after shipping, duty etc, which I couldn't justify for only a couple dB and substantially larger box to boot.