Driver Catalogue's from manufacturer/store from some time back?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I really don't know where to put this thread. It kind of relates to mulit way as it is about all different kinds of drivers.

Anyway, I wonder if someone or some of you know where I could get hold of PDF Catalogue's from either manufacturers or stores? I find this is a very easy and good way to get a grip of different drivers fast, like if one on here mention a driver one could quickly find it in a catalogue, and so on. It is also kind of fun to see what were available at sometime, and, Catalogue's are always fun I think.

What I've found so far, are two versions of a Vifa catalogue, at Madisound, two versions of Scan speak catalogue and a very old Dynaudio catalogue.

The vifa Catalogue's are named something like Vifa catalogue V. 8 and V.10. They are easy to find if one searches for them online.
(I'm pc incompatible so there's no link, try Google)

But besides these, I can't find any more. I know they are out there, because Catalogue's were the norm back in the late 90ies and early 00ies.
Every company and store had one. But now, they are gone and replaced with individual PDF spec sheets.

I don't know how your memory works, but I sure as hell don't have the ability to remember parameters from one spec sheet to the next with all the 15 clicks one has to make to be able to open the next spec sheet. I need to write it down, if I want to remember it and that creates more work than is needed.

So, what Catalogue's do you know of, and where are they? If you know of one, old or new, please post how to find it or so, I think there are persons who would find it valuable.

Feel free to move this thread if it is In the wrong place, but I guess it kind of needs to be somewhere here if it is to be noted.

I also searched the forum, but I didn't find any threads that had this topic.
And, I don't even know if Catalogue's is in your interest, but it kind of lies in my genes. Toilet reading and so on.

Anyway, I wonder if someone or some of you know where I could get hold of PDF Catalogue's from either manufacturers or stores? I find this is a very easy and good way to get a grip of different drivers fast, like if one on here mention a driver one could quickly find it in a catalogue, and so on.

And, I don't even know if Catalogue's is in your interest, but it kind of lies in my genes. Toilet reading and so on.
Not exactly a "catalogue", but a nice compendium of basic parameters for a wide variety of drivers from small to large from multiple manufacturers:

Resources - Woofer Selection Guide

Since they sell most all of those drivers, easy to link to PDFs for ones you are more interested in.

Ah, that page is one I've never seen before, really nice!
Thank you for the link.

As there aren't any Catalogue's made anymore I've printed out all the pdfs of all the drivers I might use for something and then put them in plastic folders and in a portfolio type of thing. Quite some pages, but the best catalogue ever made as every driver is interesting in some way :)

When one refills the ink cartridges diy style the cost of printing is reduced to the cost of the paper only so the cost of these diy Catalogue's infinitesimal.

Seems like the interest in Catalogue's are somewhat limited to me on this site. But maybe someone else will chime in if they know a site or similar that helps in this matter.

So if anyone knows of a site that either has Catalogue's or anything else that is related to this matter please post.
The link weltersys provided is a nice one and I think there are more like it at some site.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.