Drive channel inverted- How is this done right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How does one invert the signal going to one channel of a half-bridge stereo class D amplifier? I have not turned up an answer with extensive searching.

The amps inputs are unbalanced RCA connectors, the amp's input impedance is about 15,000 ohms. (iraudamp7 knockoff)

Simply swapping the positive and ground wires of one channel would short the input?
Is there an off-the-shelf board or box that could do a phase shift of 180, and still match the qualities of the other channel?

If there was a single channel inverter op-amp kit, I'd give the soldering a good try.
Seems there is no shortage of chips, but the soldering is at surgical scale and not beginner's level. Ive soldered 22 gauge cat5 strands, and fried the copper.

That car audio bridging module does the 180 phase shift, but kinda overkill for a single channel inversion to cancel power bus pumping. So many channels.

My head hurts after reading there are inverter op amp for specific frequency ranges, which means I had better understand the Iraudamp7 documentation before messing with inversion.

Could it be done with transformers?

I've pondered whether the desired function could be achieved using a pair of 1:1 audio isolation transformers: connect the two transformer primary windings in parallel to the source signal, and the secondary windings go to respective amplifier inputs; just connect one of them in opposite phase to the other.
I'd be happy to hear from anyone that has done this, and/or any drawbacks to this idea. (Frankly, it seems too simple - what am I missing?:confused:)
Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.