Down With Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
God !! thank you !

most disgraceful and most milk & water tread on DiyA ;

even more tech-empty than wildest thread occupied by Off Topic Mob in recent years .....

I jumped few times in beginning of thread on JC side , defending him .... just to be abused later ;

OK , I was naive .... :rofl:

btw - thank you !

Well, I was stupid enough to hope that some would behave themselves, if pointed out as to why.....big mistake :rofl:

Magura :)

I received a hard time a few months back for having a sig line that was more than 2 lines (it was three lines with no spaces between). The reason? It was distracting and taking up space (uselessly) on the page.

That's not allowed here? :boggled:

Anyway, I don't really care one way or the other about the thanks system, but I do agree that having it displayed under every post is annoying. Should just be able to see it from the profile...

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Me too! Me too! I just want to thank everyone;)

All joking aside I feel that this feature might give rise to some resentment when the author of a particularly witty or useful post receives fewer thanks than hoped for. Or are we all grown up enough that this is no longer an issue?

I think having the thanks under each and every post is actually kind of annoying. The little thing under your userid might be ok though. I admit to liking it to some degree, but as a less than perfect human being I might just be the jealous one I cited above..:p (Human nature being what it is...)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.