Douglas Self op. amp. problem..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Facts???? You want facts now......!

Hasn't stopped you before......has it?

How 'bout conjecture then???

Self builds some circuit, and measures its distortion. Seems to imply that it didn't oscillate. Then it is transcribed to paper, and horror of horrors.......a mistake is made! No, that couldn't be! A mistake? We have never seen one trade journal.....or better yet....one single JAES, where they didn't print an errata about some small slip up. A part value wrong........degeneration resistor left out (yeah, I know Self probably doesn't use them......), a compensation cap with the wrong value, a node drawn wrong. Maybe his eyes are as bad as mine, and he can't see squat. Give the guy a break.

And then you come along and waste 4 pages about it. Mostly just to hear yourself talk, it seems.

The horror..........the horror........

End of conjecture. I now return this thread to its original blather.

Jocko

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Blameless

With every thing you know about compensation and amplifiers. Go fix it. Try some different transistors, increase some bias values, Try some degeneration. Put a zero in it. Why are you dragging your guru through the mud over such a small issue? Use you simulator to explore some different approaches. That's what the thing is for. Are you waiting for someone else to do it so you can argue with them? Anybody who feels qualified to argue with John Curl should be able to fix a **** ant circuit like this in less than three Spice iterations. Do you need my help, which I gladly offer?

Are you geared toward the average or the exceptional?

Fred

MikeK, have you noticed our new member John Curl? Long experience AND nice and polite manners, like most of us. Can't you try to avoid long qouting and few words posting?

Remember the thread about symmetrical vs unsymmetrical amps and the very giving discussion without any persons who wanted to win the debate?

So far we have seen nothing practical from you just words. Can't you show us and educate us instead of saying that everybody else are wrong?

BTW: I can't understand Jocko why he call himself that because his real name isn't very hard to pronounce, not even for me? Jockohomo is what his name sounds like when american people try to say it. I'm amazed why americans are so bad in listening only and then say it. How many can say Björn Borg right?

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
peranders said:
Can't you show us and educate us instead of saying that everybody else are wrong?

..i think i tried to show why i disagreed with aparticular approach...or agreed with it, as the case may be....:scratch2:....i need to be educated also...otherwise i wouldn't bother posting on the forum....but .....education needs facts not speculation based on long-held myths that, having been repeated so often, are now taken as Bible-truth.

...i have a lot to learn from you...Fred...Andy-C...Jocko Homo.....John Curl.....Jam.......N. Pass..etc......but...i will not...REPEAT, not let unsubstantiated subjectivist myths presented as fact.....go unchallanged......

There are plenty of state-of-the-art systems out there that completely eschew subjectivism, and sound fabulous......eg...the very best in the world made in the UK...From my hero, Robert Stuart:

http://www.meridian-audio.com/welcome.htm

[There are plenty of state-of-the-art systems out there that completely eschew subjectivism, and sound fabulous......eg...the very best in the world made in the UK...From my hero, Robert Stuart:

http://www.meridian-audio.com/welcome.htm [/B][/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------
This does not make sense to me. How can you say that Meridian eschews subjectivism and yet sound fabulous. They are the same thing. And let's not have this illusion that Brit is best.

:cop: I've moved some of the nastier discussion to Texas and taken out a reference or two concerning sexual preference which have no place on this forum.

I'm reopening the thread, but the mods will deal with any further ugliness swiftly and strongly. There's some interesting interchange, but the nasty tone is starting to overwhelm things.

What's in a name......mostly for PerAnders....

I received a reply to an enquiry (of a commercial nature) I made to a company in your part of the world, from the head honcho of the outfit.

He didn't spell my name right, so how do you expect him to pronounce it right?

Besides, you forget.......Italians are a bit of a novelty in Texas. As are the Swedes over at Eriksson. And trust me......us Texans butcher their names too.

Back to our regularly scheduled entertainment............

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.