Doug Self Blamless Class B Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to simulate the Doug Self Class B Blameless Power Amp Design.However with an input signal of 1V at 1KZ I am getting the same at the output. Can anyone tell me what i might be doing wrong.Thanks.

Attachments

• Doug Self Blamless Amp Design with scope.jpg
    Doug Self Blamless Amp Design with scope.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 505
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
As I recall C12 was marked as 100pF in the documentation supplied with the PCB's and certainly my examples I built (on the official boards) were unstable and oscillated continually with that value fitted. I think 15pF or 18pF was the value used in the original magazine articles.

There was an LTspice simulation of Doug Self's 50W amp recently in post 5 here Simulation: Cyril Bateman's Amplifier-Speaker cable interactions

In that thread PB2 (Pete Basel) was trying to replicate Cyril Bateman's bench test with a speaker cable using Doug Self's amplifier that self destructed due to a strange RF oscillation.from the speaker cable and amp interaction.

PB2's simulation did not oscillate with a simple (lumped) cable model. So it needs more work to replicate the cause of oscillation so the problem can be understood. Cyril did not find the reason before passing (RIP).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.