Double variable outputs for BOSOZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made the BOSOZ for some years now and everything worked out ok. I have recently constructed a subwoofer for my main speakers but my preamplifier has only one variable ouput.

How can I install a second variable output for the subwoofer or for a second power amplifier? Do I simply connect in parallel another output together with the one that I now have? Will this lower the output signal on both autputs? Is there onother way of doing this?

Thank you
George
Athens, Greece

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gchrist said:
I have made the BOSOZ for some years now and everything worked out ok. I have recently constructed a subwoofer for my main speakers but my preamplifier has only one variable ouput.

How can I install a second variable output for the subwoofer or for a second power amplifier? Do I simply connect in parallel another output together with the one that I now have? Will this lower the output signal on both autputs? Is there onother way of doing this?

Thank you
George
Athens, Greece

balanced or unbalanced ?

if additional volume results in lowering present output , just make buffer with IRF as source follower . you have everything needed already in box ........ meaning on PSU ;)

Zen Mod, here's the schematic... remove my post if it's not ok to post it up.

Attachments

• bzls-schem.jpg
    bzls-schem.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 218
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
gchrist
if I understood you correctly - you are using BOSOZ unbalanced ?

in that case - un-tie negative output from gnd , take signal from it to your subwoofer amp,and then set desired phase directly at speaker (reversing leads on speaker , to achieve adequate polarity of acoustic output)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.