Does the forum have a place to post jobs?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
:cop:
Moved to Everything Else forum.

If you are after specific help in designing something very specific then I would have thought setting all the details out in the appropriate area of the forum (speakers, full range, amplifier etc) would be best initially.

Reactions: 1 user
It's definitely possible that someone who frequents the forum is also able to help you, however it's unlikely that the forum would be responsible for any dealings between the two of you, for example, your satisfaction, his/her payment etc. You'd be on your own, if I understand correctly.

That's your side, but what I said above also applies to the other party.

It is worth thinking as to why a member would want to take up your job, considering the forum cannot guarantee anything ... I think these're the issues with job posts.

However, if you just need a platform, you could talk to any member via PM...

There're a lot of cases where the OP would never 'attain' satisfaction and keep milking more iterations out of the freelancer, often in excess of what was initially agreed upon. Such people usually don't pay up as agreed or at times don't pay up at all. Now, basic human interaction is not always as expected and the forum having no control over anything could encourage people to do similar things.

This doesn't apply to full-time or local jobs done by meeting up in-person, but CAD-based stuff like machine drawing, electrical / PCB design etc. that're handed over the internet for a fee.

Please note that I'm not saying that you'd be doing all this, but just that there're people who've been deceived and left unpaid.

Joined 2008
Paid Member