Does bluetooth 5.3 give me LC3 codec?

Hi.
I have a uniherz jello star phone with bluetooth 5,3 and some noname bluetooth 5.3 in ears. I wonder if that means automatically that they both support lc3?
Also I wonder how its possible to see what codec is being used. I can't find this information on my old Redmi either.
Cheers!

Thanks. I've unlocked and I can choose codecs, also those that earphones doesn't support. I didn't find where it shows which it actually uses. Often I've shows that its connected via SBC when I've chosen aptx HD even both phone and earbuds supports it. I've never seen it say its connected as aptx.
Oh. I also have some bluetooth 5,3 that are advertised as high resolution HD but no mention of which codecs it supports.
Its been a while since I looked for it Will have another try.
Cheers!

Go to the play store and download Bluetooth Codec Changer. The free version basically gives you the developer options in one easy to access interface and clearly displays which codecs are supported by your devices. The paid version allows you to set defaults codecs, bitrates, etc. plus many more features. It's worth the $4 IMO.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user