Does anyone with a high level sound science background want to give me the words to

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your comments are as ignorant as responding to a question about how to fix a broken leg by telling the person that bones are made of calcium, and then further responding by telling the person to look up the word calcium. Do you see why?
I am not sure why I am bothering given a response like this... Because you don't know what the word dissipate means what you are trying to say does not make sense. Until we can understand what you are actually trying to say we cannot help with any clarification. To repeat, sound in the audible frequency range has negligible dissipation over the distances you mention.

What I can extract from whatever you are trying to say is that you have two sources. Near one source it is 80dB "energy" and near the other it is also 80dB "energy". By "energy" do you mean power or do you mean pressure? In a sound field pressure and power do not fall off with distance in the same way. One inch away from one source it is 60dB and 5 feet from the other it is also 60dB. This is not impossible but is not what would be expected and so more clarification is required.

"One inch away from one source it is 60dB and 5 feet from the other it is also 60dB. This is not impossible but is not what would be expected and so more clarification is required"

This shows that you didn't even read the thread before posting all of your replies. Why don't you just not worry about it.

It is amusing that a person who desires a "person with a high level of understanding" to support/translate their position, but when the "person with a high level of understanding" does not support their position, the "person with a high level of understanding" is the one who is ignorant.

It rather reminds me of this:
Time Cube
or more appropriately:
DakiOm FB stabilizer HA263 + lamp cords, DBT-proven BETTER than ALL fancy hi-end SPK Cables, Period. | Multi ch | AudiogoN - The High-end Audio Community

Plenty of other posters understood the question and offered very helpful commentary/analysis and one even offered a precise formula.

But as always happens on the net some had nothing to add, but of course that didn't stop them/you from doing what such people always do -- trolling with provocations.

Everyone contributes in their own way I guess.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.