Does any one else roast coffee?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another batch finished. Maui Mokka Natural Sc 14. Eyeing the Hottop machine...

"Honey, the machine will pay for itself after only four years."

Think that will work?;)

Attachments

• IMG_4401b.jpg
    IMG_4401b.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 146
I'm closing in on a decade with my air popper. Not bad for$15! I was able to borrow my neighbor's behmor drum roaster and found my old methods just as effective. I think the newer control boards give you more control over the roast, which was a frustration.

Biggest problem I have is trying to get more to the city+/full city roast levels, as the transition between first and second crack is pretty short. With the resistive element getting old though, it's been slower, which is for the best!

I had a Behmor Drum Roaster for about three years. I replaced one motor, and when the controller went I threw it out and switched to a popcorn roaster.

I split the wiring for the heater (thermal cutout bypassed) and motor and use a variac on each. It is simple and works well. I set it up on a sheet of plywood on saw horses in the driveway to roast.

I tried to roast coffee in the oven myself. A lot of experiments. It is necessary to select the temperature and time and how to cool. Very difficult. Who is able is a miracle. I am surprised that only some world companies know how to fry well and cook tasty food so that there is a smell and taste. The process seems simple, really not. I love thick strong coffee

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.