Does a new Haplogroup (not) mean a new type of Human. Or the opposite, does a different type of Human, the Paracas should mean a different haplogroup?

You are no doubt an expert in this field, but please allow me to provide some context via my legendary googling skills! :geek:

All haplogroups (genetic populations of people who share a common ancestor) started as the original haplogroup in Africa.

Mutations in DNA over millennia caused groups to split off and become their own haplogroup.

Particular haplogroups are the Vikings, Aboriginal Australians and the Celts.

In answer to your first question, I'm pretty sure a new haplogroup does not mean a new type of human.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The archeoligists keep finding more hominids and it seems that many of them competed against each other (and sometimes mated), driving the evolution of homo sapiens. A lot of mysteries still exist, ie we know little yet.

Evidence does indicate that native americans came across the Pacific. Ancient people seem to have migrated much more than we thot.

Are the eliongated skulls causes by DNA or human manipulation of the skull as we see in some parts of Africa today.

skull_elongation_africanwritershq-1936785806.jpg

The analysis of DNA has greatly enhanced our understanding.

dave