Do I secretly love full range drivers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mine are Bigger is Better cabs with vintage Isophon drivers. I have helper supertweeters rolled in at about 12Khz. Sound is superb. Sub-bass is shocking.

Get some good vintage drivers from Planet10 and put them in Bigger is Vetter cabs - you can't go wrong. O yes Go Tube !!!

Shoog

Konnichiwa,

Robertburchell said:
If this is the full range sound, Im very very tempted to take on a good FR system as my first project. Which im dieing to start building soon. just gotta make up my mind ;). I was thinking the fr125s in a simple ported box, or zaphs silver flute 2-way.. hrmm

Have a look at this:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80846

Finished those yesterday and they do all the fullrange stuff well and do manage a quite reasonable level of bass into the bargain, which most small size fullrangers tend to lack.

Sayonara

I think I have the subs at about 70 now, & they are active class D amps made in Canada. system gets very, very loud if wanted, while retaining most everything. I run the subs right next to the monitors on the inside & about 4" out, I can not tell there is a sub per'se. I also use the high pass & tap directlly off amp. 1 thing that is wierd is it is much better with subs set @ 180 phase,, much better,,again they integrate perfect & stage & imaging is just wonderfull. I have not had this set up long & will get the subs on granite & get my mess of cables cleaned up for sure, but even with the mess with the 2 eactra PC's & speaker cables, it is awsome!!!!!!!!!!I have the manual volume on subs set very low also. you really can't tell there are subs at all. which is very good IMO. Playing "Black Crowes" at the moment & system has never done better. I recentlly came up with a complete analog out by-pass foor my JVC xl-z1050 that utilizes the existing analog volume controle, & out thru 2- 2.2uf Auricaps, NO op-amps, no nothing, also reduced voltage, 1 v, my amp has .33v sensitivity for full out put & has took all the stress involved with running to much source voltage. I do not think I will try corner loading the subs, my main thing is to fill without seems. I have that now so I will go from there with little adjustments.I am new to subs & fullrange, but I am off & running with it. sorry for all the babble. I wish somebody would have pushed me hard into fullrange along time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.