diyplan.net - a platform for sharing of diy projects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the pleasure to introducing you to a website I've been working on for some time - diyplan.net

My initial idea was to create a personal website where to post my nice and finished (not all :)) diy projects.
Subsequently, I decided to give the other diyers the opportunity to share their projects and create their own portfolio with DIY projects.

I tried to make the site as easy as possible to use and especially for publishing projects.
There is no limitations to the content format of published projects. Each project can be represented with photos, text, video and attachments (blueprints etc.). Project representation can be in the form of a tutorial or just one picture and the name of the project.

I do not like the idea of a compulsory content format, and for that reason I decided to make a site where I could publish things as I liked, and according to available visual materials and texts available for every project.
For example, on the DIY desktop audio system page, I have uploaded vector files for laser cutting the top, bottom and the back of the boxes. (may be useful for the diy audio community).

There is also no limitations on the subject of the projects, all kind of diy things are welcome.

Registration is required to create profile and publish projects.

There may be some minor issues during the usage process which will be fixed, but overall the site is now ready for use.

I hope the others who like to create various things by themselves will like the site :)

Last edited:
The site is not only for diy audio projects, it's for all kind of diy projects.
Just the most of my current projects are audio oriented. My future projects will be more home and interior oriented.
I suppose that the site will be interesting and useful for the diyaudio members as for the other diyers.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I do not see this as something wrong. In fact, I was thinking about putting my projects onto some kind of blog. Sometimes it is a bit hard to get the relevant information by reading through all the posts in the development threads. So I think I will add a few.

mkocev: Is there any way to backup the user posts, so I do not loose the project documentation if something goes wrong with the site?

I do not see this as something wrong. In fact, I was thinking about putting my projects onto some kind of blog. Sometimes it is a bit hard to get the relevant information by reading through all the posts in the development threads. So I think I will add a few.

mkocev: Is there any way to backup the user posts, so I do not loose the project documentation if something goes wrong with the site?

pelanj, I'll be happy if you share some of your diy projects in the website!
I think that the diy things are unique and more interesting in comparriosn with the factory made products.

Regarding the backup, my plans are to keep the site alive in good health for a long time (not to say forever because there is nothing forever) :)
Currently whole database have backup on the server.
Your idea is nice and I will think in this direction - to add option for backup downloads for the projects through the website interface.

avtech23, You're welcome!
I'll be happy if I can be useful with some information about the enclosures if you decide to use them for some your project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.