• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

diyinhk Store

guys I do understand what you are saying about mistakes in basic principles but in god's name it's only 100$! For me and I suppose for a lot of people that is FINALLY good news! Enough with the "monopoly" and rediculous money asked for a board......and yes I do know about R&D and the cost of production etc and that all raise the cost of the final board. But come on....
Let's just hope that the designer will take your advices into consideration and apply them...

DIY R&D Vs commercial

Hi all and esp Qusp!

Two points really:

(1) Shared DIY R&D costs are a perfectly valid and fair way to develop a great DIY product at close to cost prices.
(2) Early adopter customers ( like me) dont loose much $ because we can sell / gift on the products to non DIY buddies.

Qusp raises some good points but he is not a typical DIY member...apart from his well known diplomatic skills (!) his technical knowledge and practical skills are way above and beyond 95% to 99% of the members on the forum.
Also Qusp simply is willing / able to spend $1,000's on his system, I reckon the average DIY member ( many dont even post!) will spend $100's.
That is a big difference.

Personally I think its great that a brave DIY dude is making the ESS board available at close to or less than cost price.
Its a great idea to let all customers ( yes I have a board) shoulder the cost and FUN of R&D...THIS IS DIY!
I also have a TP Buffalo and acknowedge its a far superior product and still GREAT VALUE product...At 5 times the cost!

Its great to have the option of both, DIY is a democracy and I think lots of guys like me, will buy the board test and learn,and not be scared to practice our soldering skills on a $100 board.
When we are done we simply sell it to a non DIY audio buddy who will think its fab and way better than the $10 DAC's in his AV amp!
Then I will buy the next V2, V3, V4... $100 ESS board , learning, having fun and breaking even $ wise or making a buck or spending a buck and keeping my non DIY buddies happy with great audio bargains or wedding presents ( yes I have done that!)
So please Qusp, dont abandon this project cause we need and value your help!!

Cheers
Derek.

30 Free Amanero Isolator bare PCBs

1. Add yourself here
2. PayPal $4 shipping

due to china new year holiday from feb-1, the pcb will be manufacturing at Feb-18 and ship at Feb-25 if enough people have interest:D

The PCB is very simple, an isolator between input and output. Diyer need to get the component from digikey mouser or rs-online and soldering smt component

UPDATE 2013-01-27:
1) The pcb will be sent to manufacturing tomorrow at 50pcs, the target first shipment date is revised to feb-4, so, there are still 20pcs to go!
2) paypal payment sent to pps3 at diyinhk.com with address and the PCB qty(max 2 per diyer)
3) the shipping priority is depend on payment, no the list, full refund if the stock is gone.
4) the shipment is registered airmail with tracking number, 2-3 weeks ship to worldwide typically

Bill of materials:
C1-C6: MLCC 0.1uf 16V X7R 0805 (Murata GRM21BR71H104KA01L or equivalent)
C7-C8: MLCC 10uf 16V X7R 1206 (Murata GRM31CR71C106KAC7L or equivalent)
L1-L2: Ferrite bead 600Z 2A 0805 (TDK MPZ2012S601A or equivalent)
U1: 150Mbps 4/0 channel Isolator (Texas Instruments ISO7640FM or equivalent)
U2: I2C Isolator (Texas Instruments ISO1540 or equivalent)
U3: >1Mbps 3/0 or 4/0 channel Isolator (Texas Instruments ISO7230/ISO7240 or equivalent)
Notes: If I2C/DSDon/Plug/Mute signal is not used, U2 and U3 is not needed to install.

Attachments

• winxp.jpg
    winxp.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 2,707
Last edited: