diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

No. If you do that the inductor will be bypassed.

Connect the inductor as if it were one resistor; use any (but just one) of the filter resistor pads - R5, R6, R7, R8, R optional 1, 2, 3 etc...

Hmmm ok then ill have to figure where I'm getting a short then. My light bulb tester lights up bright when I turn it on to test. Ill post a pic later on today. I have a Toroidy transformers and may be wiring it wrong. Primary is Red-Red and Blue-Blue with a piece of black tape on one of each color which I was told were the beginning of each winding. I'm using one red and one blue together but I think I'm missing something w the black tape

Last edited:
Yeah Toroidy don’t exactly shower you with information when you buy their products. That said my impression is their quality is high. Just for curiosity what was the short?

I had the windings wiring on the bridge terminal wrong on the primary. The primary is red-red and blue- blue with black tape on one of each color. I kinda thought it might have something to do with the beginning of the windings but like you said I got a vague email stating it was for the windings confirming my thoughts. Just a quick change and the bulb tester immediately dimmed after start up

Last edited:
I take it by primaries you mean secondaries, the primaries go to the IEC inlet. Well I got one a while back with double secondaries where they hadn’t bothered with the tape so that took a little figuring out as well...

Maybe I have the lingo wrong (newbie) but in my case the primaries are what I hooked up to the IEC via the terminal block; this is what I had wired incorrectly. The secondary's on mine are orange-orange and black and black which are connected to the diodes

hello, I bought here in the store 2 pcb Univrersal PSU x realize Honey Badger dual mono with 2 toroidal 600w 2x37v, I used capacitors from 15000uf x 8 x channel. You can help me, indicating the appropriate values x
snubbers,,,,, i have a second question; I can use capacitors n.4 of 15000uf and n together 4 from 10000uf on the usual channel?:) thank you

Last edited: