DIY2005 Orlando...Katrina...gas prices...etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, as far as I am concerned, we are still a go. Does
anyone have any probs with this?

Gas prices are
through the roof in my area, including several
stations without gas according to my sister who was
out last night.

I know there are guys coming in from out of state.
Please call your hotel and double check your
reservations as many of the hotels in my area are
being used by Katrina evacuees from south of us here.

I am not trying to be a buzzkill here but I did want
to see who thought what as far as going ahead with this
weekends plans or should we postpone for a bit or???

Chuck

DIY2005 Orlando Postponed

Ok, as much as I hate to do this, I feel it is the best thing to do at the time. We are postponing the DIY2005 Orlando event that was scheduled for this Saturday, the 3rd of September.

I/we will work in the coming weeks to nail down a new date for the event so please be patient and we will just go from here and see how things pan out.

I know there are several folks wanting to still do something but I feel I have too much of an obligation to those who can't make it for reasons beyond their control, plus I feel I have an obligation to the vendors sponsoring the event...giving them the "full monty" they deserve.

I will be notifying everyone involved so far, participants and vendors, via e-mail of our plans here and see what pans out for a different event in the not-to-distant future.

Please feel free to e-mail me or call me with comments or suggestions.

Chuck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.