• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY SONY VFET chassis - statement of interest

Joined 2020
Paid Member
A few of us were extremely fortunate to obtain Sony VFET output stage kits at BAF2022. I understand the ones auctioned or raffled were originally held back by Papa in case some of the ones in the original lottery needed replacing. Since none have so far, he generously released these remaining ones into the wild.

I spoke with Gianluca of Modushop at BAF2022. He would consider a new build run of the custom VFET chassis for us, provided it's handled as a single production run. For that, I am gathering statements of interest. If you are interested in one of these chassis, please put your name below. Cost was not discussed and I have no further information at this time The goal of this thread is just to see how many people would potentially be interested in one. I'll then pass that on to Gianluca and to the good people at the diyAudio store.

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Sound like what I've been looking for, at least in part. How do I get the VFETS and the rest of the kit? If I can get those, then put me down for a new (black?) VFET chassis kit!
There are four Sony VFETs that will work for these. They are NOS and unobtainium and priced accordingly. This thread describes those VFETs.

I wouldn't recommend trying to buy one of these chassis unless you have the VFETs in hand.