DIY plans for a 3 way monkey coffin? Powered by sx1250

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking to build a set of speakers to be used in a fairly large room powered by my recently recapped Pioneer SX-1250.

I am a noob to speaker building. I have never even owned nice speakers. I am currently running some junk mcs speakers. My brother owns a sansui g8000 and klipsch cornwalls. Those sound amazing. I am sure i will not be able to replicate that but I would like something nice. I listen to a wide range of music from classic rock to hiphop. I would like to be able to play some jazz once in a while but then shake the house with some party music.

I had my eye on some ADS speakers on craigslist but they went quick and the used market seems to be dry where i live.

What i really want is just a proven 3 way speaker plan with a 12 inch driver (or larger). I want something that many people have been able to successfully replicate. Does something like this exist? I know nothing about designing speakers and just want a set of instructions and a parts list.

Any simple oldschool monkey coffin designs out there?

Is a budget of $700 enough?

What i really want is just a proven 3 way speaker plan with a 12 inch driver (or larger).
Any simple oldschool monkey coffin designs out there?
Is a budget of $700 enough?

There is a build just right for you. Search for Tarkus 3 way loudspeaker. Drivers only will cost you 200 bucks/pair. Crossover another 60 bucks/pair. Cabinet is a matter of a taste. 500 bucks should suffice for all expenses except your own work hours.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.