DIY Ottawa winter 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nov 23 is also ok for me.

I thought that we did mid-afternoon previously, to avoid the lunch & supper rushes, so I would tend to think that would be best. Having said that, I'd also suggest that Bearberry could suggest a time that works for him (since he's mentioned something else at another time that day)... and then we can get everyone to commit, or miss.

Ron

Ok So I think this is the list:

Pierre
Ron
John Kucharski
Owen
Adam
Mark

I'll make the reservation for Eastside Marios, same one as last time on Huntclub near Merivale.

Others are welcome.

But we have to get things started at least in order to plan the 2014 meet.

So I'm throwing out this time...

1:30 PM Late enough it should be past the lunch rush, but not so late ones who wish to can still have lunch.

Any other people coming or other suggestions?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Sorry - I thought I would be free, but found out Sunday that I have to go to Montreal on the 23d. Guys - PLEASE go ahead without me and let me know afterwards what your plan is. Don't even think about changing the date. I will support by getting the Lodge for the time frame you ask for.

Pierre

As mentioned above, a few of us got together Saturday to discuss scheduling our 2014 DIY Ottawa get-together – good conversation; Owen (again) brought a couple of little items for “show & tell”; and, some food/drink.

We have proposed the weekend of March 15/16, 2014, if we can get the hall.

We would like to ask/impose on Pierre again, to see if he can book the hall for that March 15/16 weekend, for us. If the hall is not available, we were ok with any weekend that is later (i.e. March 22/23, etc.); those of us who were at the lunch do not (currently) have a conflict for that weekend, or a subsequent weekend.

Having said that, if any of you “usual suspects” (i.e. attendees who were not at lunch) have an objection to March 15/16, or a subsequent weekend, now would be the time to let us know. I’m not saying that we can accommodate everyone’s schedules, but if you were to let us know right now, perhaps we could do something about it. (Obviously, after Pierre has booked the hall, it will be too late to request an alternate date.)

On behalf of my fellow enthusiasts, I especially want to thank Mark and Pierre for getting us rolling on 2014 preps.
- Ron

Joined 2004
Paid Member
We would like to ask/impose on Pierre again, to see if he can book the hall for that March 15/16 weekend, for us. If the hall is not available, we were ok with any weekend that is later (i.e. March 22/23, etc.); those of us who were at the lunch do not (currently) have a conflict for that weekend, or a subsequent weekend.
No problem at all. I will enquire and post back in this thread.
Pierre

We had fun again.

Owen brought a cool powersupply and Baltic birch with plys so thin you could see through them. Neat!

If this years meet is to be a bigger success we need to get the word out wide a clear as soon as we have a date. I talked to some people out west when I was at RMAF, and they have heard about our little gatherings. So lets spread the word. More people = more stuff = more fun!

And I finally have something that is done way before. And looks a little better than a prototype box.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.