DIY OTTAWA WINTER 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hadn't been checking the thread over the last few days, so I didn't make arrangements for use of a car tonight (we have more drivers & commitments than cars)... so I probably will not be able to join you.

In an effort to help, I'll mention that I re-checked my notes from our previous get-together, and my comments in post # 89 jive with those notes. In addition, there was a request put out for participants to bring sound dampening/room treatment, if someone has something portable (since the hall has a lot of hard surfaces).

And the only other note(s) is that I'd mentioned that I liked the dedicated area for headphones at our last get-together, but the other systems in the room overpowered any headphone listening. Although we knew that a couple of members have been very active in headphone systems recently, I questioned whether or not the situation might repeat. The popular opinion was that we should give headphone systems another try at our upcoming get-together.

Hope this helps.
- Ron

Thanks for the offer, Multisync, but I'm not on your route - I'm actually south of Ottawa (Metcalfe).
The other factor I didn't bother mentioning is that I'm working downtown Ottawa & taking a commuter bus home afterwards, so travel time makes for an additional complication.

So have fun without me.
- Ron

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks for the offer, Multisync, but I'm not on your route - I'm actually south of Ottawa (Metcalfe).
The other factor I didn't bother mentioning is that I'm working downtown Ottawa & taking a commuter bus home afterwards, so travel time makes for an additional complication.

So have fun without me.
- Ron

Ron - Take the 86c to my place. Join us for a pizza dinner. Others may join too!

Thanks for the suggestion, Pierre, but I don't think that would work out as you planned. I could get there, but without my car available, I might have to stay until tomorrow morning !
I did re-check with the other drivers w.r.t. the car commitments & confirmed that there isn't much of a "window" for me to use a car tonight, so it looks like I will have to pass.
Maybe that's not all bad... we know that John isn't going to have any fun!

Le grande Pubas

So Pierre has written down all the decisions.

All I can say is everything that makes sense comes from Pierre and John.

The rest is my fault :p

Pierre played some great tunes. John brought over some awesome Jazz and we listened and talked. Altogether a very enjoyable evening.

Attachments

• IMG_20111229_201215.jpg
    IMG_20111229_201215.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20111229_201110.jpg
    IMG_20111229_201110.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 136
Joined 2004
Paid Member
So Pierre has written down all the decisions.

All I can say is everything that makes sense comes from Pierre and John.

The rest is my fault :p

Pierre played some great tunes. John brought over some awesome Jazz and we listened and talked. Altogether a very enjoyable evening.

Mark - Thank you for the pictures. Attendance was small in number but high in quality :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.