DIY Monacor 2-way system - Please help a nooby :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

This is my first time on the forum and I am posting this to get some help to understand what I am doing before I make a stupid purchase..

I was looking to build my own 2 way system and I am looking at the drivers so that I can start planning the enclosure for the speakers.

So my question is:

Would this Monacor BASS-MIDRANGE SPEAKER (Monacor SPP-110/4 hiFi bass-midrange speakers 60Wmax 4© | Loudspeaker freaks)
Work together with MONACOR HIFI DOME TWEETER (Monacor DT-101SK HiFi dome tweeter 50Wmax 8 Ohm | Loudspeaker freaks)
if they are split with this (Monacor DN-2618 2-way crossover networks for 8© | Loudspeaker freaks) crossover?

As you can see my question is really novice but i am not looking to build something amazing, I am just looking to finish a personal project just because of the love I have for music and desire to have my own system built.

Please help guys, I am obviously also open to suggestions to drivers of similar size and output that could work together with a suitable crossover!

Thanks in advance! :D

AronM,

have you tried searching for a ready made kit yet? Where are you located? I think your chances would be better if someone offered to make you a simple simulation of a loudspeaker of your choice than to hope anything worthwhile coming from off the shelf crossover.

Welcome AronM!

Looking simply at cost, your expenditure on the above components would be approximately €200. By the time you build the enclosures and include terminal dishes, absorbent materials and so on, you could double that sum.

I would tend to agree with Lojzek about looking at a kit as it may be more cost effective and can include a flat pack cabinet and all the additional accoutrements.

In the UK, Wilmslow audio offer a range of such kits. Have a look, if you like the idea you may find similar suppliers that are more accessible to you.

Loudspeaker Kits: Stand Mounted Loudspeakers, Floorstanding Loudspeakers, Sub Woofer Kits

Research loudspeaker freaks before you buy there.....

Monacor is not great value for money as they rebrand and double the price.

Do you already have an amp? If you want good bass go for a 2.1 setup.

If you share your location it is easier to advise you on specific hardware.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.