DIY Good Class D amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See this simple class D amp with IR215x:
For freq. 100kHz is best (I use 80k)
Calculate freq. same as in IR2153 classic application.10u don't affect to the frequency because that secondary of transformer has very high impedance to cause any change in freq.
Few pics tonight...
Sound good and no hum or hiss.
I use 12V to 220V transformer,power is not important.220V coil goes to IR and 12V goes to audio signal.One nice thing is that here is no 50Hz ripple on speaker when touch input,and audio source is isolated.Transformer boosts bass and it's used to amplify small signall from telephone,mp3 or another thing :)
Input 10u cap can be smaller,like 1u
D1-UF4007 or any ultrafast diode
It will be very compact class D when make pcb :)
Schematic:

Attachments

• Klas D IR2153.GIF
    Klas D IR2153.GIF
    8.5 KB · Views: 998
Last edited:
Few new (better) designs from me
All schematics is tested.(second schematic tried directly on 310V line,with IRF740)

Hi,learn more about 2153.It can,but like a buck or boost converter,and not for classic SMPS
PWM on buck and classic SMPS is different.It has several ways to implement feedback.
Then you could do a completely enclosed audio speacker.(active loudspeaker)

Could you help me with documentation for boost with IR2153?

Thanks ;)
I'm now designing high power amp,with IGBT and optocoupler drive.Gate driver will have about 20A continious or maybe higher and will be discrete,and will have about 30nS max rise and fall times.I plan to use IKW75N60 as switching device,because it's faster even than IRFP260.
Opto couplers will be used for drive.Logic gates will provide dead time.It will use +/-150V.
Freq. will be 80kHz,because it don't need to be higher,there isn't difference on sound with 80k and 800khz,I tried both.
It will be a huge amp. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.