DIY Back Loaded Horn - Dallas III for Fostex 206E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
very good I agree complet:

Good ! Thats a first. The point i am trying to make is like this.

Over 50 years ago Kodac produced an automatic film developer that has sold in the millions to hospitals, industrial applications ect ect. The basic design hasent changed but now has digital info displayed. Its still the same basic design.

A good design will last when all of us are dust. But we have to come up with the basic workable good design.

ron

I thought the single driver concept was pretty simple. Complexity and comprimises is the designers problem. As far as construction, once I got the full size drawing made[ and accurate] the work of cutting and glueing wasn't too bad. A lot of work really, but the reward was there in the end.
Ron, i wish you'd get back to the 206 Austin and turn it loose on us. The 166 A is fine speaker design..The instruments sound correct and the lower end is presented like a finely carved statue. We do our part, you do yours. Times a wasting

HAHA! Sounds like my everyday. (Hindu accent) " Mr Ron your project is behind schedule for the love of Gandi please find an answer, i need a full report within one hour". Thus is my life.

ron

Complexity and comprimises is the designers problem.

There was once a physicist statement about a nuclear propulsion system that would take mankind to mars, it was stated " thats an engineers problem".

Yep, that figures. Even as a simple naval historian, I run across that kind of thing on a regular basis. Either in history, or within my own department. :rolleyes: Anyway, couldn't agree more with what you & Greg say.

BTW Ron -I've almost got that box idea we were talking about worked out. It was trying to find a suitable driver that held things up a bit. I'll get the basic plan over to you in the morning so you can see if it or some modification will be suitable for intended purposes.

It was trying to find a suitable driver that held things up a bit.

Thats the major problem. its finding a LF system that hands off to a higher frequency system with a given SPl of both systems.( In football or rugby i want Scott,GM,Dave,Mk,Chris on my team) i dont deal well with inadequate performance.

ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.