DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Depends. I use older notebooks for that usually. I can get a 2 gen old Dell Latitude w/I7 for less than $200 and then get an SSD + ram pretty cheap. It's more than enough performance for most of this stuff. There are tricks for keeping XP current. XP is still a mainstay in lots of ATM's and kiosks. Those are expensive machines and the big companies that own them do not want to just buy new machines because Microsoft wants to ditch XP.

How to get new Windows XP updates for free until 2019 with a Registry hack | Expert Reviews

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have been using an E6320. it came without drives. If you can get a Dell XP install disk it all works pretty easily. Mine multiboot XP and Win 10 fine, along with Ubuntu. That's not really necessary. Lots of XP support is going away but you can get antivirus from AVG and Opera works fine on XP. You can get a USB 3 docking station for that as well but I'm not sure if it supports USB 3 in XP.

I would like to find Mac software that can do at least CSD and wavelets out of the box. MLS signal is desirable. Don’t know any software that currently use these.

MATAA. FuzzMeasure. Not sure about REW.

In real work, I use SoundEasy and Ultimate Equalizer from Bodzio software for speaker development since the process is quite integrated. Do not know any other software that replaces this.
However, it quite refreshing to find this issue with sample rate switching, I think I will explore it some more.

I am not saying to replace your software. Just try different software and different operting systems to figure out where your problem comes from.

I would like to find Mac software that can do at least CSD and wavelets out of the box. MLS signal is desirable. Don’t know any software that currently use these.
In real work, I use SoundEasy and Ultimate Equalizer from Bodzio software for speaker development since the process is quite integrated. Do not know any other software that replaces this.
However, it quite refreshing to find this issue with sample rate switching, I think I will explore it some more.

You could try to run your Windows software on Mac via WINE WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and macOS.
This works well for many programs, including ARTA and AudioTester (not working is e.g. the firmware update this way).
You do not need to install a driver.
However the Mac does not recognize the sample rate and bit depth settings of the windows software. You need to set these manually with Utilities/Audio-Midi-Setup.

harmonic

I test my RTX6001 by loop,i get some high level harmonic,is that normal?:confused:
1st PIC is 0/0dBV ,audiotester set 0dBFS.
2nd PIC is 0/0dBV ,audiotester set -3dBFS.
3nd PIC is 0/0dBV ,audiotester set -10dBFS.
4th PIC is 20/10dBV ,audiotester set -13dBFS.
5th PIC is 20/10dBV ,audiotester set -20dBFS.

Attachments

• 0-0dBV 0dBFS loop.jpg
    0-0dBV 0dBFS loop.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 441
  • 0-0dBV -3dBFS loop.jpg
    0-0dBV -3dBFS loop.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 0-0dBV -10dBFS loop.jpg
    0-0dBV -10dBFS loop.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 20-10dBV -13dBFS loop.jpg
    20-10dBV -13dBFS loop.jpg