DIY audio accesarry for full-range driver

My next effort is to try them (my small collection of FRs) boxless - OB. I'll need low frequency support for that, which I'm hoping to supply with a pair of 18s in H frames. I'll need Xover for that, which will probably come from a second Zoudio amp and its integrated DSP. I'd like to do it at speaker level with passive, but the inductor is costly, I assume.

I think that by using the drivers rear radiation to enhance the spatial presentation, while simultaneously crossing it so it doesnt have to make any bass at all, may be a good way to go. I can only build it and see!

Virtual ground for Full-range speakers.
Using brass scrubbers (kitchen items).
It reduces the miscellaneous taste and increases the transparency.

Could a similar effect occur using, say, a copper sheet adhered to the back and bottom square area of the speaker cabinet, connected to the (-) terminal?

Just trying to think of something with close to the same surface area, but having a more reliable electrical connection (solder).

Perhaps with the jar of metal scrubber, using a large alligator clip then filling the jar with oil - it would never have an electrical contact issue. My friend used to show off a jar full of machined brass chips in clear oil - they looked like gold for years!

Dear jjasniew,

I tried 0.4mm and 3mm copper plates, but the high density brass scrubbers gave better sounds.

And I don't use oiled scrubbers, because it will be difficult if the bottle breaks.

6L.jpg

7L.jpg

The genuine article right here, no pricing noted..."...proprietary blend of organic, free range, earthy ingredients...30% Jurassic Mari, 30 % Alabama swamp mud, 20 % Scottish peat, 10 % Guinea Skatole..."

Yes, they are actually serious, can you believe it?, DD Audio - Upgrade Your Sound (TM)
Now stop playing with kitchen utensils!, your really are "hearing things", that aren't there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

Attachments

• DIRTBAG ground.jpg
    DIRTBAG ground.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 110
And I don't use oiled scrubbers, because it will be difficult if the bottle breaks

:eek: I have to admit that our Vallhund may occasionally cavort with enough energy as to pose a 'breaking hazard' but otherwise within the constraints of normal family activity this seems to be very low risk vs any perceived benefits....??

I tried 0.4mm and 3mm copper plates, but the high density brass scrubbers gave better sounds.
Not sure what you tried...? Were the copper (farady cages ?) inside the jars with the pot-scrubbers ?
Scrubber - The Dowse Art Museum
Fool's Gold | The Dowse Art Museum

Attachments

• oddie.jpg
    oddie.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 104
  • oddie2.jpg
    oddie2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 113
  • oddie3.jpg
    oddie3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 108