Digitech G300 as home audio amp

im thinking of buying a digitech g300 mosfet guitar amp---technology by hafler--- for my home music system, but i dont know anything about this amp.....would a guitar amp suitable for home audio??it has 1/4 " plugs on back...could these be converted to rca type plugs? input imp. is 100k ohms. input sens. is 600mv for 150 w @ 8 ohms. im not sure if this info is vital or not! anywho, any feedback is welcome!! thanks ..shallenn

A firend of mine a few years ago had his bass guitar amp in the shop for new tubes (it used a mosfet output stage) and needed an amp to play some scheduled shows. I bridged my poweramp, made some cables, used his practice amps headphone out and it worked. He claimed it sounded real different, I dont think his amp played the whole audio range without a drop off in power. I dont know enough to say that all bass heads are done this way, but if I were you and bought that amp only to realize it was shighted on the high end I would be irritated.

(I realize you are not looking at a bass head but this information may be relevant and I hope its not)

I know this is a Mega old thread but I just worked on a G300 and found that is is a Hafler Pro2400 amp PCB with an added I/O Board.the PCB is the exact same as the Pro2400 amp board. even the part designations on the board match the schematics. seems Digitech just took a Hafler lower pan, transformer and PCB and added there own front panel and I/O board.

So these could be re-modded back to a Fosgate era Hafler amp.

Zc

Reactions: 1 users