DIfferences in ways of measuring Thiel/Small parameters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greets!

Yeah, definitely don't just dangle from a wire to measure T/S.

No, no drawing, I typically just built stuff as needed with usually no more than a few critical dims jotted down on the wood/whatever. It was nothing fancy, just a triangular braced 'H' frame of 2x4s with a couple of cross bars to hold the 'V' frame. I used welder's clamps to hold the driver, but you could just gently screw them to it.

The main advantage of a big, sturdy frame is that you can measure at much higher average power than T/S small signal, which can considerably affect box size/tuning.

GM

I plan on using the method on Rod Elliots site. Everybody here seems to have indicated it is a good method.

I have a function generator and a decent fluke meter, just don't have a solid accurate way of measuring the frequency. The Fluke meter has a frequency measurement on it so I will have to check how accurate that is.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.