Detailed PDF drawings for HiFi2000 chassis

H, I'm back after spending time with other projects. It is a bit sad that there are no PDF drawings with all dimensional details available for the HiFi2000 chassis. The drawing that Dave sent me (thanks) show some of the problems. It is confusing to notice that the 10mm and 4mm front panels seem to have different overall dimensions (although there are no panel dimensions on that drawing). Also, it is a bit difficult to know exactly where the front panel mounting holes are located, or if I chose not to have these holes on the front, how and where is the front panel attached, if at all?

I need to decide on a set of similar looking chassis to complete a series of designs I'm working on but I lack enough information to determine how they would look together when stacked up and if I should order 10mm or 4mm panels and with holes or no holes.
It is quite simple actually to solve these problems once and for all (maybe others have similar wishes) by just make the complete drawings available.

The chassis I'm contemplating to use now are:
Mini Dissipante 2U/330x250mm w/Aluminum covers, with either 10mm alternative 4mm front panels.
Galaxy 2U/330x230mm w/Aluminum covers, with either 10mm alternative 4mm front panels.
Galaxy 1U/330x230mm w/Aluminum covers, with 10mm alternative 4mm front panels.

If I can get this sorted out completely I may order a bunch of these chassis. But, if I have to guess on some detailed dimensions unfortunately I will have to look elsewhere.

You are right. But I do not have so much time. And I just wonder why DIYAudiostore have not seen this and and also why this distributor do not try nd provide this information on their website? It would have been enormously helpful. I will move on now and design my own enclosures and have them made in China for me.

I have lodged similar complaint at the company to no avail.
That said, there are DXF drawings that you couold presumably convert to PDF through a DXF viewer (I haven't tried, it's above my payscale).

Jan
Yes Jan, it is sad. I have tried to get a hold of the DXF files for more than a week now from the HiFi2000 website. But the website does not work so the files can't be found. Sent them message about this a week ago but no answer. I have got some suggestion that this is very Italian but......

Yes Jan, it is sad. I have tried to get a hold of the DXF files for more than a week now from the HiFi2000 website. But the website does not work so the files can't be found. Sent them message about this a week ago but no answer. I have got some suggestion that this is very Italian but......
And, BTW you would have thought that the DIYAudiostore should have these download links at least on their website, but Noooo....

Put those pitch forks down, I am here to help :) As others have pointed out, our programmer has not finished adding everything on our new website and we are aware of this.

The reason the drawings are only in DXF format is because that is the format our machine requires to import them and to have our panels customized.

Feel free to let me know the exact drawings you need and I will be happy to send them to you. If you need anything else just drop me an email to info@modushop I usually try to answer ASAP

Reactions: 1 user
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Gianluca, no pitchfork here! I am really happy with your products, no complaint from me on that!

But as a user you plan carefully before ordering and a good drawing like a PDF with dimensions is indispensible.
I must admit that in the past, I sometimes have been looking for another solution because I couldn't figure out the Modushop product dimensions, and I am not the only one. Lost orders.

I also know you answer emails quickly, but are you really looking to answer dozens of emails and send each one some drawings?
I strongly believe you should make PDF drawings available for all products for download from your website. A one-time effort that makes us happy and that stops us bothering you ;-)

regards,

Jan Didden

Reactions: 1 users
Put those pitch forks down, I am here to help :) As others have pointed out, our programmer has not finished adding everything on our new website and we are aware of this.

The reason the drawings are only in DXF format is because that is the format our machine requires to import them and to have our panels customized.

Feel free to let me know the exact drawings you need and I will be happy to send them to you. If you need anything else just drop me an email to info@modushop I usually try to answer ASAP
Thanks very much Gianluca!
Glad to hear from you! Right now I'm looking for detailed drawings for Mini Dissipante 2U 330x250 with 4mm ALU front panel as well as 10 mm front panel AND Galaxy ALU 2U/330x230mm with 4mm front panel as well as Galaxy ALU 1U/330x230mm with 4mm front panel.
Thank you!
Bjorn

Thanks very much Gianluca!
Glad to hear from you! Right now I'm looking for detailed drawings for Mini Dissipante 2U 330x250 with 4mm ALU front panel as well as 10 mm front panel AND Galaxy ALU 2U/330x230mm with 4mm front panel as well as Galaxy ALU 1U/330x230mm with 4mm front panel.
Thank you!
Bjorn

The MiniDissipante is only available with a 10mm front panel while the Galaxy chassis can either have a 3mm or 10mm front panel. Here are the drawings you have requested

Attachments

• Drawings.rar
    152.1 KB · Views: 181
The MiniDissipante is only available with a 10mm front panel while the Galaxy chassis can either have a 3mm or 10mm front panel. Here are the drawings you have requested
Thank you Gianluca!

I got the DXF files and also converted them to PDF. Although I understand that these DXF files are for manufacturing purpose, they lack sufficient detail for customer design purposes, especially for those of us (and I suppose quite a few) that are not up to speed on CAD. Holes are not dimensioned for example and 4mm panel dimensions you cannot find on the drawings, but have to guess that they are smaller than the 10mm front panel.

After some more searching back and forth I could eventually guess that they are 86x330mm. With this information it then becomes obvious that a Galaxy chassis having a 4mm front panel would have different overall front panel dimensions than a Mini Dissipante with 10mm front panel, thus making these two look different from the front. This is very unfortunate if one decides to design a preamplifier and power amplifier or other "combo" that should be placed on top of or beside each other. This is the case for me.

The reason I'm talking so much about 4mm fronts is that if you design a device that require many holes for LED,s Switches, Pots, etc. it becomes difficult to work with 10mm panels due to the more extensive machining it would require.

A little more effort here (such as making a 4mm front panel with the same overall dimensions (90x340 or 50x340) for Galaxy would solve this problem once and for all. Perhaps it already exists?

And last, but not least, what about the difference between Galaxys with steel resp. aluminum top and bottom? I can see no details as to the aluminum ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, many thanks for your precious feedback! I am going to answer each single point

I got the DXF files and also converted them to PDF. Although I understand that these DXF files are for manufacturing purpose, they lack sufficient detail for customer design purposes, especially for those of us (and I suppose quite a few) that are not up to speed on CAD. Holes are not dimensioned for example and 4mm panel dimensions you cannot find on the drawings, but have to guess that they are smaller than the 10mm front panel.

What you are saying is correct indeed. Main reason we have released these drawings was to help our customers who wanted to have us customize our panel. The reason they are not dimensioned is because that's something that can be easily done by any CAD program.

Having said that, I agree with you and Jan that they could be more clear and in a format which is available to everybody who does not have a CAD program (like a PDF). That's definitely a point where we can improve and I hope to be able to fix this soon.

After some more searching back and forth I could eventually guess that they are 86x330mm. With this information it then becomes obvious that a Galaxy chassis having a 4mm front panel would have different overall front panel dimensions than a Mini Dissipante with 10mm front panel, thus making these two look different from the front. This is very unfortunate if one decides to design a preamplifier and power amplifier or other "combo" that should be placed on top of or beside each other. This is the case for me.

The reason I'm talking so much about 4mm fronts is that if you design a device that require many holes for LED,s Switches, Pots, etc. it becomes difficult to work with 10mm panels due to the more extensive machining it would require.

A little more effort here (such as making a 4mm front panel with the same overall dimensions (90x340 or 50x340) for Galaxy would solve this problem once and for all. Perhaps it already exists?

At the moment we do not have a panel with these dimensions. All our 4mm (Slim Line/Pesante/Dissipante) or 3mm (Galaxy) front panels are actually a bit smaller than their 10mm counterpart for a specific design reason.

As much as we would like to accommodate yours and everybody's request (feedbacks are always appreciated) before releasing a new product we have to make sure it's economically feasible. Some compromises need to be made to make sure a part is adaptable to as wide an audience as possible.

This of course does not mean it's not possible to produce these panels, we could "extrude" one from a bigger panel, drill it, and reanodize it after but of course it would be more expensive than offering it at a standard price since it's a customized panel

And last, but not least, what about the difference between Galaxys with steel resp. aluminum top and bottom? I can see no details as to the aluminum ones.

Steel covers are 1mm thick and have a flange (or a bending if you want to call it that way) on one side while aluminium covers are 2mm thick and sit flush on the side panels