Desktop pc mute button

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I run 2 pc's connected to a single set of speakers. The main pc sound can be muted from my keyboard but reaching over to mute the 2nd pc is a bit of a pain so I want to install a rocker switch in the 2nd pc case which is right in front of me and would be quick and easy to use. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to the best way to wire it...should I try to wire right off the sound card?...is this even possible?
Thanks in advance.

I use two computers, and my keyboard/mouse/video switcher handles the input to the sound as well. Of course I don't use both computers simultaneously, so whichever computer I am using is the only one needs muting.

If all you want is to kill sound from both at once, why not just switch off power to the speakers? Then it won;t matter which signal feeds are live or not.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.