Denon DVD-2910 mods

Glad to see this thread alive. MB63, Please report on your 2910 work and how it sounds after burn in.
I have both a 2910 and 3910 on the to do pile. Both sound a bit dry with poor imaging. The 3910 has stopped reading redbook disk's and skips on dvd-r so I guess time and bad caps have gotten the better of them in their current state.

All of us on this thread know these machines hold true potential once modified and their ability to spin sacd-r backups in native dsd is a great bonus.

I saw the cd format come and go and I see the inevitable nostalgia comeback clear as day. I love that great cd's can be bought by the truckload for 50p-£1. Whole collections for peanuts while decent players go for reasonable or even give away money. My bookshelves are filling up fast with cd's.

I'm finding myself playing these more than network streaming to dac these days. I never could afford the beauty of a 3-400+ cd collection back in the day but thanks to obsolescence I now have one and that's enough to always find something great to listen to.

With 3-400+ great cd's I could easily live without a network streamer. I wouldn't miss the endless and very deep ocean of choice. I have also grown to appreciate the beauty of physical media.

So maybe time to crack one of these Denon's open for some work even if its just a recap and opamp upgrade to begin with.

Hello everyone, I return to the forum after a long time.
I am struggling with a Denon dvd 2930 that unfortunately has no audio, neither Cd nor Dvd to the analog outputs. The Cd works in HDMI but not the Dvd. The video is excellent, very stable, does not lose a frame. Excluding optical pickup problems, in Test Mode I realized that in the verification of the firmware I get BE 8283-B MAKE DAY 802 DSP 00.00.
In the service manual it indicates that when the DSP is 00.00 it means that first of all you have to insert the firmware in the FLASH ROM, avoiding other hardware problems.
I'm looking everywhere on the net but the links where to download the firmware don't work anymore, the same in the Denon official support page.
I have followed with much interest your mods and I was wondering if you have the firmware of 2930 (European version) mentioned above.
I am really asking you for help.