Dell 15" LCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
stay in CN

no only in Huangshi and Wuhan. I wasn't there for sightseeing.

i wrote down the names of 2 girls i was with over there, one was su eng lin ( i think- can't read it anymore) i cannot find the name of the other one. I wrote their names on a boardingpass but i guess it faded or something. I remember they were sisters and i think one was working in a hospital but again, too long ago. i do know that they were hot! like chili pepper or good curry ... ;)

Re: stay in CN

uvodee said:
no only in Huangshi and Wuhan. I wasn't there for sightseeing.

i wrote down the names of 2 girls i was with over there, one was su eng lin ( i think- can't read it anymore) i cannot find the name of the other one. I wrote their names on a boardingpass but i guess it faded or something. I remember they were sisters and i think one was working in a hospital but again, too long ago. i do know that they were hot! like chili pepper or good curry ... ;)

Do you like chili pepper or good curry ?did you love?
Maybe,She became your wife if you walking along,is that ?

Re: where to find xenon bulbs

uvodee said:

this guy finds, just like that, some really good and seemingly usefull bulbs in a market in a small shop ??

humm i moved form Europe to the US and i thought you could get everything here.

sighhhh .......
:xeye:

China is the third world,has not developed internet, small shop is not online.but China is the world factory now.so i can get bulbs and brown cables.

that is US $ 60

bcnx said:
YWH,

the cable I'm looking for is 1.5 cm across and has 30 (!) conductors in it. Do you think that shop you talk about has those?

Thx already,

Bart

yes, the cable has 50 (!) conductors(0.5mm each other,and some is 1mm) in it, if you need 30, take off 20,

I need the picture of your Cable and connector ,take a picture with scanner .

I am going to solder than you need to Insert only,very simple.

hu hu

ywh said:
yes, the cable has 50 (!) conductors(0.5mm each other,and some is 1mm) in it, if you need 30, take off 20,
I need the picture of your Cable and connector ,take a picture with scanner .
I am going to solder than you need to Insert only,very simple.

i am speachless........

this ain't possible...
every lcd panel i ahve had in my hands so far has had at least, i say AT LEAST 2 completely different sizes in widh, different spaces like 0.3mm, 0.5 mm or 0.8 mm not to mention the thickness of the laminate My guess is that YWH thinks suposes that all panels all over the world have the same cable configuration. Allthough that may be so in CN, opr with the fact that Sharp and NEC have some panels that are identical, i do not think that cables can be made for all panels just by cutting it from a large one@!!!!!! NO WAY, JOSE !:bigeyes:

Re: hu hu

uvodee said:

i am speachless........

this ain't possible...
every lcd panel i ahve had in my hands so far has had at least, i say AT LEAST 2 completely different sizes in widh, different spaces like 0.3mm, 0.5 mm or 0.8 mm not to mention the thickness of the laminate My guess is that YWH thinks suposes that all panels all over the world have the same cable configuration. Allthough that may be so in CN, opr with the fact that Sharp and NEC have some panels that are identical, i do not think that cables can be made for all panels just by cutting it from a large one@!!!!!! NO WAY, JOSE !:bigeyes:

I think that all panels all over the world have the same cable
I don't knoe how to say.

Re: Xenon or MH

exipnos said:
Hi Ywh,

In the beginning I belive you mentioned that you used MH bulb, now you are refeering to the Xenon bulbs. What are you using? Do you have the details of the bulbs, lumens, color, how long they last?

Thanks for the info :)

Exipnos

I am using like this (one friend's)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

color is white ,lumens is forgot,the boss took me ,I don not remember ,live is 750h maybe.

Wangchaoyan test he 6"LCD on one friend's set:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My hand was move at that time,so the picture is not clean.
remember :fix camera,not in hand.

Re: Xenon or MH

exipnos said:
Hi Ywh,

In the beginning I belive you mentioned that you used MH bulb, now you are refeering to the Xenon bulbs. What are you using? Do you have the details of the bulbs, lumens, color, how long they last?

Thanks for the info :)

Exipnos

Look, I find it :
http://www.acmeco.com.tw/xen.htm

YWH,

just measured the cables: conductors are about 0.5 mm, the space in between those conductors is as small as 0.2 mm. Do you still think your cables are OK for this?

I tend to agree with Uvodee, who states that there's quite a difference in cables. The fact that a company like Tenrrich only sells quantities of at least 10.000 cables, because they custom-build them.

but hey, you never know, and you are the living proove it's possible ....

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Could it be that ywh has access to a place that has reams and reams of various cables and such, and given a sample of what we need he will go to this place and arrange it for us? I've never been to China, but I have some idea as to what can be found in a "chinese electronics shop" there is one or two in Ontario (I used to love shopping in them ...they had some of the oddest things I've ever seen! I mean stuff that I've never been able to find in Canada before or since)

My mentor in the computer biz introduced me to the places he allways joked that "it's one of the best places to find strange gear...if only I could speak Mandarin I'd get a better price". I wish I could speak with ywh in the same language as him.. he lives where this tech is born.

The upside for me is my daughter wants to be a linguist, and she will do it.

Downside is she doesnt know your language yet.....

ywh.....want to do an exchange with my daughter maybe? You teach her your language and she teaches you her language? She's eager to learn new languages.

zardoz

zardoz said:
Could it be that ywh has access to a place that has reams and reams of various cables and such, and given a sample of what we need he will go to this place and arrange it for us? I've never been to China, but I have some idea as to what can be found in a "chinese electronics shop" there is one or two in Ontario (I used to love shopping in them ...they had some of the oddest things I've ever seen! I mean stuff that I've never been able to find in Canada before or since)

My mentor in the computer biz introduced me to the places he allways joked that "it's one of the best places to find strange gear...if only I could speak Mandarin I'd get a better price". I wish I could speak with ywh in the same language as him.. he lives where this tech is born.

The upside for me is my daughter wants to be a linguist, and she will do it.

Downside is she doesnt know your language yet.....

ywh.....want to do an exchange with my daughter maybe? You teach her your language and she teaches you her language? She's eager to learn new languages.

zardoz

very good!I teach her Chinese and she teaches English.
but,she must to setup Chinese language system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.