Decoupling caps for AD825 board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wish to put together a drop-in op-amp board based around two AD825, like the one LC audio produces.
Where do the decoupling caps go? What values, and should they be bypassed with smaller caps?
Also, does the quality of the cap matter, if so, what do you recommend for a cost effective project.

The reason I want to do it myself is that the cost is much less compared to the ready assembled LC Audio units.
Thanks
Marius

you could go with ready made boards or you could make one yourself
i built my pcb myself
since i designed myself i could include some space for the decoupling caps
i used 0.1 ceramix x7r and 10 uf electro
you could use 0.1 film and foil or use 0.1 blackgate's high q value for this
i think lcaudio uses 47 uf tantulum from avx
read from their website
making the pcb and etch is a bitch
but you learn something really new
soldering the smd ins't that hard, little effort only
slightly steady hand will do.
most of my time was on etching the board
do so if you really want to save money

write if you want the schematic

royalmp2001 said:
I wish to put together a drop-in op-amp board based around two AD825, like the one LC audio produces.
Where do the decoupling caps go? What values, and should they be bypassed with smaller caps?
Also, does the quality of the cap matter, if so, what do you recommend for a cost effective project.

The reason I want to do it myself is that the cost is much less compared to the ready assembled LC Audio units.
Thanks
Marius
--------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need them if you have a decent ps and circuit. You can always implement at board level if you must.

I find it somewhat amusing that people are talking about these things even in multi-cap buss ps distributions.

Jocko,

"Lot of the good they do" being either Yoda English for GOOD or plain higher level English for BAD, would you mind to tell me what I did not understand. Are the silver micas GOOD or BAD in that place?

Thanks/UrSv

(A lot of stuff know I not)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.