DCX2496 EQ Tips... Does anyone had success with Equalization of bass is Small Rooms?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Your measurements looks weird ot me. It is not common to have 20-30dB variation in NF measurement in SW's passband.
I made multi sub adjustment according to procedure described by Earl - adding SW one by one (available on Markus76 site). My "variation" was using noise with averaging for adjustment. It helps you to display EQ changes in real-time and give you an idea to sort out the modes. Draw it on the paper including "trends" EQ can make. Nevertheless it last hours to do something kind of acceptable - mine last whole evening to get this at least:

red= average, green= prime location, grey and beige= secondary (-10dB).

looks cool.
As for the SW measurements, I will try to do it again following Mr. Markus recommendations.
You seems to have a nice bass response. If the new measurements do not give different results so the problem might be with the SW. Maybe an upgrade to B&C 12TBX100 recommended and sold by Dr. Geddes be the solution...

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yes, I will not move anything, I will stay will Dr. Geddes recommendation.

That's fine. You can probably do well with EQ and delay.
Just FWIW, CARA suggests that you move the subs away from the walls. Below is were CARA wants to put them, given the limits of the blue hashed areas I assigned. All 3 were also restricted to the floor, no elevation. Geddes recommends one elevated, IIRC.

The placement shown results in a very smooth response up to ~150Hz. Quite smooth, really. I put the crossover from sub to mains at 50Hz, as that looks reasonable for your rig. You have a major node at 80-90Hz, that's going to be hard to avoid.

Attachments

• 3-sub_placement.png
    3-sub_placement.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 101
That's fine. You can probably do well with EQ and delay.
Just FWIW, CARA suggests that you move the subs away from the walls. Below is were CARA wants to put them, given the limits of the blue hashed areas I assigned. All 3 were also restricted to the floor, no elevation. Geddes recommends one elevated, IIRC.

The placement shown results in a very smooth response up to ~150Hz. Quite smooth, really. I put the crossover from sub to mains at 50Hz, as that looks reasonable for your rig. You have a major node at 80-90Hz, that's going to be hard to avoid.

Ok Pano, this is a very different approach of my sw locations.

Yes, I will stay with the initial placement of the SW...

sub1 - back wall behind the mais - corner
sub2 - at 1/3 of the back wall behind the mains
sub3 - at 1/3 of the right side wall

Dr. Geddes is working with the data to EQ the system.

The other approaches suggested were:

1 Markus: one SW in the nearfield.
2 Soundimpressions: use the 2 daytons SWs with low port tuning
3 Pano: move the SWs
4 Dr. Geddes: nothing, just wait for his analysis to EQ the DCX and call the friends to hear an outstanding deep flat bass!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.