DC offset problem

Hi Widh61
Could you give more info about the battery mod you made for the dso2d10? If you have a schematic or pcb files that would be great.

Steve
I ended buying the dso2d10, it was lighter that i anticipate and would be good to be battery operated. I only got one probe with it, but it was a 150mhz probe. I already build a battery pack using 6 2500mah li-ion fed to a pair of lm317/337 and lm7805. The psu supply +/-8v and +5v. I use the battery middle point as gnd, like on some diy headphone amplifier.

The psu have a pin labeled "tr". While looking for info on it, i got interesting stuff. The scope has been extensively modded, from unlocking 150mhz bandwidth to even overocking the cpu/ram. The 150mhz unlock possible because the 100hz model and 150hz have exact same model. Even some cheaper dso2c10 without frequency generator sometimes got the hardware.

In case you are interested for a quick peek, here the forum link discussing the mods:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-dso2x1x/
The even generate a full schematics on the scope including component and even the ic used.

I do not understand about oscilloscope bandwidth, but someone at least attempt to do it. Here is the youtube video on it incase you are interested:
I think i would not use 100mhz amyway. The highest i would need mainly topped around 30hz for square wave pwm signal, or just around 600hz sine wave.

I think this scope was quite decent for an entry level/hobbyist scope considering the price tag.