Dayton DTA-1 amp + Dayton PA130 5" driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got a DTA-1 from PE and it looks good to me! It's physically different from the original Sonic Impact because it's black in color but also the plastic is coated with a rubbery coating that makes it feel more substantial than just slippery, smooth plastic. It looks like Darth Vader's T-amp... also have the more powerful DTA-100 on order... the packing slip says back ordered for 73 days. I understand they have some quality issues (things rattled inside and volume control balance between left and right channels). I hope this is all corrected by the time i get mine!

The DTA-1 is for my younger son who is nearly 11 years old and wants a 'real' stereo, not just an iPod dock. The more powerful amp is for daddy! I've been listening to a mammoth Onkyo receiver for over a year and really feel the need to take this giant paperweight off my cabinet. Need to find another home for the Onkyo tho... it's cool... but seeing it connected to my iTouch or Droid streaming Pandora just seems wasteful.

http://www.zillaaudio.com/onkyo.htm

The Dayton 5" full range driver is also on back order - 16 days. I hope to build something using these drivers in hopes of finding something really inexpensive (that sounds decent) to mate with the DTA-1 for my son.

Zilla

Follow this thread...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/139617-dayton-introduces-sonic-impact-lookalike.html

Seems it's not exactly the same inside but accepts the same mods as the original Sonic Impact amp.

I connected mine last night and really LOVE this amp! With bookshelf speakers that don't reach too deeply into the bass this amp sounds very clear, detailed and three dimensional. I listened to music until around midnight while working late. Wanted to stay later and listen some more. I like the way it looks but mounting it in a neat tea box sounds like a fun idea too... and allows for the upgrade while you're at it.

Zilla

the pa130 dayton is a real underdog!

Just got a DTA-1 from PE and it looks good to me! It's physically different from the original Sonic Impact because it's black in color but also the plastic is coated with a rubbery coating that makes it feel more substantial than just slippery, smooth plastic. It looks like Darth Vader's T-amp... also have the more powerful DTA-100 on order... the packing slip says back ordered for 73 days. I understand they have some quality issues (things rattled inside and volume control balance between left and right channels). I hope this is all corrected by the time i get mine!

The DTA-1 is for my younger son who is nearly 11 years old and wants a 'real' stereo, not just an iPod dock. The more powerful amp is for daddy! I've been listening to a mammoth Onkyo receiver for over a year and really feel the need to take this giant paperweight off my cabinet. Need to find another home for the Onkyo tho... it's cool... but seeing it connected to my iTouch or Droid streaming Pandora just seems wasteful.

http://www.zillaaudio.com/onkyo.htm

The Dayton 5" full range driver is also on back order - 16 days. I hope to build something using these drivers in hopes of finding something really inexpensive (that sounds decent) to mate with the DTA-1 for my son.

Zilla

Hello Zilla that dayton 5" you have mentioned we put in to our BH% backloaded horns and it is ear-opening and a full range sound to be appreciated! Bushhorns Home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.