Dayton DSC205-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking of building stereo subs to compliment a 6-element 3" fullrange line array system I built recently.

I tend to like smaller drivers for subs and 10" is about the largest I would consider.

I designed up a system using two Dayton DSC205-4 8" woofers in series in a 35 liter box tuned to 37 Hz. I will build two of these boxes.

Has anyone tried this driver? Specs look great but they don't tell the whole story. Any input would be appreciated.

Brian

Attachments

• Dayton 8in sub sim.JPG
    Dayton 8in sub sim.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 101
Thanks.

It actually looks like the cabinet is large enough. It does roll off ~40Hz though (smaller box means less extension). Still, I'd expect room gain (especially if put against a wall) to fill things in nicely.

Dayton usually make good stuff. And with nearly 9mm of Xmax, you've got plenty of displacement.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. The 10" looks like a good unit also but I think for my purposes, the 8" will be better. The 10" gives me a few Hz better extension and a power handling (smaller Xmax though) in trade for a box twice the size (for a double-ten).

This 8" looks almost too good to be true. I'm pulling the trigger today.

The Dayton 10" Quatro is on sale right now. For a few $$ more they're worth looking at. Dayton QT255-4 10" Quatro Subwoofer 4 Ohm | Parts-Express.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.