DAVE in Tucson Arizona USA!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Im a Newbie to the DIYaudio page,

I live in Tucson Arizona, USA, its always hot here.

I got into audio stuff at an early age and found a job as a car audio installer. This job soon became frustrating working for bosses with little to no understand of audio. The itch to learn more lead me to UofA where I got my BS in EE. I now have the tools and just need to read some more books on audio to get a better foundation. Im here to learn...

sound quality is the goal.

Ive read some impressive threads, so it looks like Ill stick around.
Maby Ill be of help too?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Dave,

Welcome. I went back to get my EE with a similar motivation. I was trying to understand the Thiele/Small papers and needed a stronger foundation.

I found this after I replied to the speaker box thread.:angel:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.:D
Rodd Yamas***a

roddyama said:
Hi Dave,

Welcome. I went back to get my EE with a similar motivation. I was trying to understand the Thiele/Small papers and needed a stronger foundation.

I found this after I replied to the speaker box thread.:angel:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.:D
Rodd Yamas***a

The new found intrest during my eduation was that of control theory. Mike k posted a thread reply in reguards to the stability of an amp after adding a capacitor chaning the root locus....

Thats great stuff...

I wish I did control design "on the job" but Im just a boring Applications parts engineer guy....."paperwork"

If you didnt notice my avitar is milton from "Office Space", pretty much Milton at work describes my day, I even have two bosses named Bill....
:bigeyes:

Tucson Too

Dave,

I'm in Tucson too. It's not always hot, it just feels that way :eek:

I just joined this group last week. I found it a year or so ago but I have been so busy with other interests that I rarely checked in here.

I'm building a center channel and rear surround speakers right now to go with my front mains and sub. Also built a tube amp kit a few months ago.

Next up will be either a Balanced Zen Line Stage or the Aleph P 1.7. Then on to the Amps.

Russ

Re: Tucson Too

russbryant said:
Dave,

I'm in Tucson too. It's not always hot, it just feels that way :eek:

I just joined this group last week. I found it a year or so ago but I have been so busy with other interests that I rarely checked in here.

I'm building a center channel and rear surround speakers right now to go with my front mains and sub. Also built a tube amp kit a few months ago.

Next up will be either a Balanced Zen Line Stage or the Aleph P 1.7. Then on to the Amps.

Russ

Sorry havent checked DIYaudio in awhile.
:bigeyes:

Tube amp build sounds cool!

I finished some fiberglass speaker pods I was workign on for my jeep afew weeks ago, there nice! A 6.5in woofer, 4in mid, and 1in tweeter all in tucked into the kick pannels. Boston acoustics stuff sounds great!

Looks like the 1ton axle swap will happen on the jeep soon so no current audio projects to show off.
:D

I thought "Mad Dog"

was a condition - state of mind - not a real thing.

Of course, leaving out of the discussion that true Grand Cru of vintages "Mad Dog 20-20"

which come to think of it may have something to do with said particular condition/ state of mind?

So what will it be Equilibrium - place - drink - or state of mind?

no, but seriously folks

Mad Dog, Texas is just west-south-west of Houston on Old Highway 359 between Fulshear and Rosenberg .... some of the time that is. The rest of the time it is somewhere else and I’m not supposed to say where. I took a sacred oath.

wherever you go, there you are, unless you're in Mad Dog

Attachments

• mdt.gif
    mdt.gif
    10 KB · Views: 115
Wherever you go, there you are -

Is a line from "Buckeroo Banzaii" off the wall cult movie- Still a favorite of my wife and I -

Years ago Mogen David 20/20 was the elixer of choice for certain social segments until Ripple came out and cornered the market -
MD 20/20 was affectionately called "Mad Dog" by those that bought it.

I don't know if it's still on the market.

"Mad Dog", Texas is a neat place to be able to say you're from.

Later

Ken L

I was thinking you are a pretty cool guy

now I know you are!

We've watched that somewhere over 5 times now. One of my other favorite lines is in the background when they're in the mental hospital - Over the loudspeaker comes "lithium no longer available on credit"

I'll have to get the DVD

Ken

You know I almost asked you

when I first came here if that was where you got the Planet 10 nym -

But it seemed so out in left field - usually you try to discuss this one on one and people just look at you funny-

But the internet brings all sorts together in cyberspace

And we're threadjacking here, so I'm going to start a thread in everything else. ;)

Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.