Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

The Geode GX CPU is x86 compatible Geode (processor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . However, it does not have to be compatible with compiler options daphile is compiled with.

If the daphile kernel can run on such CPU, technically a USB audio v.2 soundcard should run at 192/24. If the HW performance can allow such mode is another question. IMO without any resampling it should be possible, pure audio playback takes almost no CPU power.

But of course it has to be tested, world is full of surprises.

The Geode GX CPU is x86 compatible Geode (processor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . However, it does not have to be compatible with compiler options daphile is compiled with.

If the daphile kernel can run on such CPU, technically a USB audio v.2 soundcard should run at 192/24. If the HW performance can allow such mode is another question. IMO without any resampling it should be possible, pure audio playback takes almost no CPU power.

But of course it has to be tested, world is full of surprises.

Ah, another great insight, sensei!
Thanks.

Pre-release with new web UI "File manager" (and kernel 3.16.1) available at:
http://www.daphile.com/tmp.P8SxQ0Qwy6

If you have full installation of Daphile, you can upgrade to the pre-release version as follows:
  • go to http://daphile/cgi-bin/Devel on your Daphile PC
  • copy the following link text (either x86_64 or i486 version) to input field besides the "Install" button

• press "Install"
  • reboot
Please be careful with the "File Manager". You could easily delete your whole library.

Please send your feedback using the contact form at www.daphile.com.
Bug fixes available for the pre-release version. New version download links are here:
http://www.daphile.com/tmp.P8SxQ0Qwy6/daphile-14.08-b220917-x86_64.iso
http://www.daphile.com/tmp.P8SxQ0Qwy6/daphile-14.08-b220917-i486.iso
This version has also some other improvements (RAM disk, Dynamic CPU frequency option, CD rip log save option).

Bug fixes available for the pre-release version. New version download links are here:
This version has also some other improvements (RAM disk, Dynamic CPU frequency option, CD rip log save option).

Hi Kimmo!

This is Marcos from Brazil. :)

Thanks for new test release. Great results here, no negative impact on sound quality, system is running cooler than ever (CPU clock is set to dynamic). This is important, since I live in a very hot country and my system is based on a fanless case.

Grabbing new version at the moment (23/08), will let you know about the results.

Cheers and take care.

NAS library not fully populated

Hi, I am running Daphile version: 14.08-b101214-x86_64 with a Synology NAS. I am able to connect fine but when I update the library only a subset of the complete filesystem is updated by daphile. The discover files seems to be very quick -- Discovering files/directories: /srv/mediaserver/music (14042 of 14042) Complete 00:00:38 and when I browse the library via the web gui or orange squeeze maybe 50% of the music isn't there. I have checked the NAS file system and the music is intact and available. I don't believe it is a connectivity issue ( Ethernet / wireless ) or permissions because the connection is there as well as part of the library. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Geoff

Has anyone had problems playing WMA files on daphile?
Some songs in my library don't play at all, or when they do it's just a 2-3 second sound (not music, but rather something sounding like R2D2 :) ) and the only things these files have in common are their WMA format (DRM free).

Pre-release with new web UI "File manager" (and kernel 3.16.1) available at:
Index of /tmp.P8SxQ0Qwy6

If you have full installation of Daphile, you can upgrade to the pre-release version as follows:
  • go to http://daphile/cgi-bin/Devel on your Daphile PC
  • copy the following link text (either x86_64 or i486 version) to input field besides the "Install" button

• press "Install"
  • reboot
Please be careful with the "File Manager". You could easily delete your whole library.

Please send your feedback using the contact form at http://www.daphile.com.
http://www.daphile.com/tmp.P8SxQ0Qwy6/daphile-14.08-b261930-x86_64.iso
http://www.daphile.com/tmp.P8SxQ0Qwy6/daphile-14.08-b261930-i486.iso
This version has also option for local player control UI (jivelite).

Hi

I seem to have done something to mess up my connection to the "mysqueezebox.com" site with the result that trying to access any of the internet radio groups, or any attempt to run an app results in a "failed to parse" message.

I've reinstalled daphile, checked the password and user name are correct etc.

Has anyone else hit this and found a way round it?

Thanks

Alan

Daphile up and running on laptop with local UI as per post #593 above.
Everything appears to work fine and I can access/operate using either the local or the web interface (at the same time too ! :cool: )

Tried the new file manager and that works so this testing release gets a big tick from me..:)

Now, a question that has always puzzled me with Daphile..
How can I add custom webradio ??
Where to put .pls and .m3u files so they will be recognised and are searchable within Daphile..?

Last edited:
Hi

I seem to have done something to mess up my connection to the "mysqueezebox.com" site with the result that trying to access any of the internet radio groups, or any attempt to run an app results in a "failed to parse" message.

I've reinstalled daphile, checked the password and user name are correct etc.

Has anyone else hit this and found a way round it?

Thanks

Alan

To reply to my own post - I took the option to reset to current firmware defaults - which seems to have fixed the problem. I'm not sure why, but...

A

Pop/Click When Changing Files and Directory Depth Questions

So Far Daphile is working Flawlessly:

I have two questions. The first is about music storage and the second about noise when switching songs.

Is there a limit to directory dept? I notice if I go 3-4 layers deep (\\share\level 1\level 2\level 3\music) that the album art and metadata do not read. but if I move the music up a level it reads fine.

I have also noticed that when switching music files of different bitrate I get a pop (mostly annoying not damaging). For example when going from a 24/96 song to a 16/44.1, there an audible pop. Is there a filter setting on Daphile to prevent this.

Am running a Musical Fidelity V-Link 24/96 SPDIF converter into my DAC for reference.

I have two questions. The first is about music storage and the second about noise when switching songs.

Is there a limit to directory dept? I notice if I go 3-4 layers deep (\\share\level 1\level 2\level 3\music) that the album art and metadata do not read. but if I move the music up a level it reads fine.

I have also noticed that when switching music files of different bitrate I get a pop (mostly annoying not damaging). For example when going from a 24/96 song to a 16/44.1, there an audible pop. Is there a filter setting on Daphile to prevent this.

Am running a Musical Fidelity V-Link 24/96 SPDIF converter into my DAC for reference.
Have you tried tweaking the "Rate change delay" parameter on "Audio Devices" panel?

There is no directory depth limit. I tried with the depth of nine levels and new music was found there. Your problem must be related to something else. Does the ownership and/or access rights change somehow?

For the sample rate change "pop" problem I would also recommend to try the "Rate change delay" parameter tweaking as stereolab mentioned. You could also try if there is any difference between squeezelite and SqueezePlay players.