Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hey everyone!
Today I experienced a power outage, But I rebooted it and failed, My system was installed on an x86 PC.
微信图片_20221225203252.jpg

I don't know what information needs to be added, please let me know if there is something missing.
Thank you!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Has the web-interface address changed from the older 192.168.128.1 when accessing from hotspot? I can connect to the hotspot, but the web-interface no longer appears using this address.

The connected monitor is displaying 'waiting for network connection and is stuck in this mode. Earlier it would give us a message to use the hotspot, but that is no longer the case.

Hello
I have an older NUC5CPYH celeron 2015 model and having trouble with wifi. The lastest firmware 22.12 worked with an ethernet connection, Wifi could be found and password added, save and shut down . Then removed ethernet and started with NUC very close to wifi box . At this point things go wrong connection shows endless loading "loading media server" . A network ip scan can see the Daphile ok ? After the failed wifi test , powered off at the the NUC by a long press on power button , reconect the ethernet and power up again , but it remains brocken . The NUC has wireless AC3165 built in I had hoped this older wifi would be OK .
Before the wifi test I added files and played OK plus tested streaming radio paradise, all was good .
Any sugestions appreciated, it is to be used at a different site that has no ethernet cable avalable .

Hello
I have an older NUC5CPYH celeron 2015 model and having trouble with wifi. The lastest firmware 22.12 worked with an ethernet connection, Wifi could be found and password added, save and shut down . Then removed ethernet and started with NUC very close to wifi box . At this point things go wrong connection shows endless loading "loading media server" . A network ip scan can see the Daphile ok ? After the failed wifi test , powered off at the the NUC by a long press on power button , reconect the ethernet and power up again , but it remains brocken . The NUC has wireless AC3165 built in I had hoped this older wifi would be OK .
Before the wifi test I added files and played OK plus tested streaming radio paradise, all was good .
Any sugestions appreciated, it is to be used at a different site that has no ethernet cable avalable .
I seem to have fixed my problem for now , after a few more restarts Daphile is running on wifi under a new DHCP provided address .It is not clear what happened other than Wifi seemed to make everthing unstable for a period . I need to test at a distance and see if it remains working . I found there are updated bios avalable for the NUC5CPYH , has anyone found that to help stability issues ?

I am monitoring if Apple Music lossless will be added one time to Daphile or LMS through a plugin. Almost a 100% ecosystem in this house. My music collection though is run by Daphile. FLAC and DSD. On a 2TB ssd running smoothly and silently in my rack. I had a Qobuz account, but Apple Music for the rest of the family. If I just could run Apple Music hires in Daphile…. I saw that there is a crossplatform open source app for Apple Music called Cider. Any chance that a Cider plugin for Daphile/LMS could be possible?

Any one using InguzEQ plugin with a convolver filter file?
Is there a way to upload the Implulse Filter files from REW (Convolver) from the front end?
Note: I did manage to do so by installing the beta version allowing me to copy the files in the .....plugin/InguzEQ/Impulses directory in linux. Cant do that in a stable version as I wont have access to root.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Progress report:

The location where my installation lives has no room for an ethernet cable. I was expecting to use the hotspot, which also was not allowing me to log into the web interface. So the only way to configure it was with a cable.

Eventually had to hook up an extra long cable, tap into the web-interface and install it on a second pendrive. The Daphile manual states that canon versions allowed you to install it in the same drive as long as you had more than 512MB memory (I have 16G). This is obviously one more broken feature. Oh well. I also noticed that the media server kept crashing until I performed the actual install and reboot.

After all this I did manage to get it working and it's playing. Sound quality is slightly better than the dietpi+squeezelite installation. While dietpi required more manual steps such as mounting drives and configuring squeezelite, Daphile was more painful because of the unexpected hassles. I don't think it's worth the (probably imaginary) sound quality improvement, and likely will be looking at other solutions in the future.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
While past experience doesn't count anymore (so don't take it as gospel), the last time I did an in-place upgrade it went off quite smoothly. No reconfiguration was needed.

However it was also much less fiddly to install and a number of features no longer operate as I am used to, so this bit of feedback doesn't count for much. You should try it and see. I take about ten minutes for 40k file library scan, so a full reconfiguration isn't that big of a deal.

Has anyone upgraded to the newest version from within an existing Daphile installation? I'm curious how automated the upgrade is and whether I will need to reconfigure everything after the upgrade.
Internal upgrades are pretty painless. I've bounced between different versions (x64/rt/beta) a few times and haven't had any major issues that a couple reboots wouldn't eventually sort out

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everybody,
I'm not able to sort multi disc album (like Dick's Picks) with the proper sequence in Daphile 21.01.

Please refer to attached pics.

Always listed in alphabetical order, overriding disc number resulting in scrambled play order!
The same library is displayed (and played!) fine in latest Volumio.
Tagging was made with Mp3Tag v. 3.18, from discogs.com entries.

Already fiddled with "Treat multi-disc set as single/multiple albums" in MyMusic without luck.

Am I missing some preference in Daphile?
Should improve my tagging?

The only thing I don't want to perform is a library name change of files, of course, since I feel it can be done via tag/preference like in Volumio.

Later, thanks

list.png

1.3.png

Hi everybody,
I'm not able to sort multi disc album (like Dick's Picks) with the proper sequence in Daphile 21.01.

Please refer to attached pics.

Always listed in alphabetical order, overriding disc number resulting in scrambled play order!
The same library is displayed (and played!) fine in latest Volumio.
Tagging was made with Mp3Tag v. 3.18, from discogs.com entries.

Already fiddled with "Treat multi-disc set as single/multiple albums" in MyMusic without luck.

Am I missing some preference in Daphile?
Should improve my tagging?

The only thing I don't want to perform is a library name change of files, of course, since I feel it can be done via tag/preference like in Volumio.

Later, thanks

View attachment 1126633

View attachment 1126634
Isn't 21.01 an ancient build? If there isn't a reason for not updating, I'd do that first (a new stable build was released 2 days ago).
That said my install is sorting multidisc in order - I don't think I even needed to change the default settings, but I also name my files according to disc/track number too.
Any chance you could upload a file. Without being able to see exactly what tags are written, its hard to troubleshoot

Just wanted to report my findings from attempting to upgrade from 21.01 to the latest release. It seems that the new Linux kernel dropped support for some USB wireless adapters, including the TP-Link AC600 that I use. It's not exactly an old adapter, but it was not detected after the upgrade. I had to manually downgrade back to 21.01 to get my wireless connection working again, and then had to reconfigure everything. Something to keep in mind when considering the upgrade.

Hello Sir
I got a 3040 off fleabay i downloaded latest beta firmware and copied too usb stick under installation in firmware daphile showed the emmc but it was greyed out.
Looking around the Dell bios down the bottom of the menu was an option too erase emmc on next reboot so i did hook up monitor so you can watch the progress it too about 10 mins then reboot too an empty emmc.
I was then able too select it under install from running daphile on USB.!
Fantastic distro this makes the 3040 a great option thanks Team and all on this thread !
Simon
Just seen this sorry. I will try this when I get a chance. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user