Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Expertise needed for implementing Daphile OS for my HT/ stereo system -

HT/ 2 channel stereo system: i5-4670k pc music server w/ HQ Player, dual boot Ubuntu/ Win7, 350 gb .wav music files> Arris router> Netgear network switches ethernet cables> Win10 mini pc w/ HQ Player NAA> USB/ Iso Regen> Gustard X20u DAC> DSD256 upsampled music> XLR balanced cables> B & O IceEdge 1200AS2 amp> GR Research N3 transmission line speakers

DAC also acts as preamp volume control & inputs for Oppo blu-ray & cable DVR. Win10 mini pc allows for Netflix/ Hulu video streaming.

I know Daphile can be used for Tidal & YouTube. What about video streaming like Netflix/Hulu thru a web browser like Google Chrome of Firefox?

Daphile does not appear to be user-friendly in a dual boot set-up. Anyway to do this (keep Ubuntu as 2nd choice for fall back as needed), or at least keep 350gb music files when switching to Daphile-only OS? (I have back-up, but didn't want to lose files on music server if it wasn't necessary).

Thanks for any help and enlightenment that you can throw my way.

Last edited:
Hello
I have installed PlayHLS v1.1 plugin on Daphile 17.09, it installed fine but I get no settings to adjust in it. Is there a way to be able to adjust its settings. They are available for squeezelite media server.
Any ideas please
thyristor44

See Announce: PlayHLS Plugin - plugin to play Apple HLS m3u8 stream

Linux Installation instructions
1. Install ffmpeg. It is in a package called ffmpeg so you may use something like "apt-get install ffmpeg"
2. On the LMS WebGui; go to 'Settings', and select the 'Plugins' tab. Go to the bottom.
You may need to tick a box saying something like 'allow 3rd party plugins', and press Apply.
3. At the very bottom you should have a section called 'Additional Repositories'
Add the line
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
and Press Apply.
4. Screen should refresh and near the bottom you should now have a section called "PlayHLS Plugin repo". Tick the box, Apply
5. Restart LMS.
6. After LMS has restarted, on the LMS WebGui; go to 'Settings', and select the 'Plugins' tab. Check the PlyHLS plugis is enabled - if not check the enable box and click Apply.
7. Check that Plugin has been installed correctly by looking LMS WebGui; go to 'Settings", and then select "Advanced".
Select "File Type" from the drop down box on Top Right. Scroll down until you see "Apple HLS m3u8" there should be a entries with "ffmpeg". They should not be greyed out or disabled.
8. LMS should now be able to play the new format streams. BBC URL to test will depend whether you are UK or not in UK.

I processed the install on Daphile and verified the entry in the File Type under advanced settings. FFMPEG is already installed on Daphile.

Last edited:
See Announce: PlayHLS Plugin - plugin to play Apple HLS m3u8 stream

Linux Installation instructions
1. Install ffmpeg. It is in a package called ffmpeg so you may use something like "apt-get install ffmpeg"
2. On the LMS WebGui; go to 'Settings', and select the 'Plugins' tab. Go to the bottom.
You may need to tick a box saying something like 'allow 3rd party plugins', and press Apply.
3. At the very bottom you should have a section called 'Additional Repositories'
Add the line
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
and Press Apply.
4. Screen should refresh and near the bottom you should now have a section called "PlayHLS Plugin repo". Tick the box, Apply
5. Restart LMS.
6. After LMS has restarted, on the LMS WebGui; go to 'Settings', and select the 'Plugins' tab. Check the PlyHLS plugis is enabled - if not check the enable box and click Apply.
7. Check that Plugin has been installed correctly by looking LMS WebGui; go to 'Settings", and then select "Advanced".
Select "File Type" from the drop down box on Top Right. Scroll down until you see "Apple HLS m3u8" there should be a entries with "ffmpeg". They should not be greyed out or disabled.
8. LMS should now be able to play the new format streams. BBC URL to test will depend whether you are UK or not in UK.

I processed the install on Daphile and verified the entry in the File Type under advanced settings. FFMPEG is already installed on Daphile.
I get as far as 4. The screen does refresh but I can't see
a section called "PlayHLS Plugin repo"

Servers on the network hiding.

Hello
It there a way to access other servers on my network with Daphile. I have a cambridge audio np30 with a usb hdd that the laptop will find with yassm samba share, also a Humax Foxsat hdr with some audio files on it and others on the network.
I have enabled upnp/dlna bridge interface and media interface plugins but still no external servers. What do I need to do.
Thanks
thyristor44

Are the other servers visible on the network, that is, do they have an IP address? If you have an Android phone, use Fing to see what is visible. If so, having the right file path should find it when added to Daphile as an external source.
Yes they all have IP addresses and I can access them from the network with pc, linux or xp.
I haven't added any external sources mainly because I don't know what file paths to put in and to tell the truth I dont understand them.
I will try Fing.
Like the sound of your system.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Daphile user for about a year, and I was very happy about it, but recently I'm struggled with drops/clicks problem. I can't tell when it starts exactly, but it seemed to be after actualization from 16.04 to 17.09. But I've tried to install previous older version and problem still does happen, so I'm not sure if it is a core of a problem. Clicks and drops happen on every audio formats, even on internet radio on Daphile. It sounds like it have a problem with communicating with my DAC, or word clock isn't perfectly in lock. Clicks happen 4-5 times on a minute, and sometimes music sounds like some bits are missing because it sounds like it falter. I have changed my usb cable from computer to DAC and problem still exist. My DAC seems to be ok, because when I'm sending a signal through optical input from my TV everything is ok. Earlier I haven't got any problems on the same equipment setup, so I'm not sure where is this problem from. I would be really grateful for any clues how to solve this annoying situation.

My equipment:
Computer - Terminal-HP 5740
DAC - Nostromo 5
Amplifier - Teac A-R650

I haven't added any external sources mainly because I don't know what file paths to put in and to tell the truth I dont understand them.
The path isn't that complicated. I use the IP address and in this format in "Storage", "Network drives";
cifs://192.168.0.27:/Music
It is the IP address followed by the obligatory :)/) and then the folder name which must be a Samba (cifs) share. PM me if you need some help. Happy to assist.

Like the sound of your system.
Thanks, so do I.

Hi, I'm Daphile user for about a year, and I was very happy about it, but recently I'm struggled with drops/clicks problem. I can't tell when it starts exactly, but it seemed to be after actualization from 16.04 to 17.09. But I've tried to install previous older version and problem still does happen, so I'm not sure if it is a core of a problem. Clicks and drops happen on every audio formats, even on internet radio on Daphile. It sounds like it have a problem with communicating with my DAC, or word clock isn't perfectly in lock. Clicks happen 4-5 times on a minute, and sometimes music sounds like some bits are missing because it sounds like it falter. I have changed my usb cable from computer to DAC and problem still exist. My DAC seems to be ok, because when I'm sending a signal through optical input from my TV everything is ok. Earlier I haven't got any problems on the same equipment setup, so I'm not sure where is this problem from. I would be really grateful for any clues how to solve this annoying situation.

My equipment:
Computer - Terminal-HP 5740
DAC - Nostromo 5
Amplifier - Teac A-R650

Did anything else change, audio device settings for example? Could be faulty USB port on the computer or faulty Usb Dac input. Try connecting the DAC to another computer over USB to see if it works okay. Try a different USB port. There is a Daphile setting that controls CPU speed, see if increasing it helps.

Try reseating the ram....The t5740 has two bays one top one bottom. Try different ram if you have it. If you are using a beta version of Daphile ? you can ssh in and try running memtest.
Try changing the audio device to intel HDA (remove the dac and enable the internal sound device. It has a dinky internal speaker that should do for testing or plug in headphones...DON'T FORGET to change the output from bitperfect to volume control enabled for this test !!) test and see if dropouts continue...if so it's other than the usb port/configuration/dac.

I have a t5740 that I loaded Daphile on just in the last few days and it is running fine to usb dac (several tried and all work without fault) (2 Gig ram, 2 Gig Flash storage, latest beta.)

I'm guessing a power surge or age and thermal stress has taken out a ram stick or damaged the power brick.

Last edited:
Clicks and pops are typically xruns - buffer underruns. Set the longest latency/largest buffers (I assume somewhere in daphile GUI, I do not use this linux distribution).

Try to troubleshoot systematically.

DAC - does it work OK on other PC? If so, problem somewhere else.

USB port - what other devices are connected to this USB controller? Command lsusb -t is your friend.

Daphile Player not accessible in browser at IP address

I have 2 players setup on the LAN on different computers in different rooms. One is also the server. I will call this "Main" at static ip 192....100. No problem opening in a browser. The "player-only" is at ip 192...200 for example. Formerly, I could load the player-only by typing the ip 192..200 into the browser. However, this no longer works. I can access the player-only via the main player, where it shows up as a selection under "player".

The other problem with the player-only is that I cannot get to the web interface to manage the settings if it is set to look at the "main" to play files. It hangs waiting for an ip.

Is this an intended feature of the latest beta releases of Daphile, or something in my setup?

Daphile version 18.05-b071636x86_64. Both Daphile computers are set to static IPs in the DHCP server

Installed the latest Spotify Android app and no longer see Daphile in the connect devices, installed the latest Spotify plugin as well, not helping. Anyone else?
saw this message of Michael Herger in the Logitech Forum:

"Important note: Spotty in Connect mode currently is broken. There seem to be changes on Spotify's end which break librespot/spotty. The librespot team is working on it, there have been changes last night to deal with the issue. Alas, I'm currently facing issues with the LMS integration. They're not caused by that change, but likely by a change in some other library used by the code. Hopefully I'll have a fix, soon..."

This might be your problem too. (I haven't checked myself yet)