Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Why not just run everything on the same machine, so that you don't have any connections at all?

there is abundant literature about this topic..main reason is splitting workload, leaving the hard work to server and let client-player working smoothly.
I'm running my own Daphile system in the same machine at the moment.

But my question was how and not why
Thanks

Marco

there is abundant literature about this topic..main reason is splitting workload, leaving the hard work to server and let client-player working smoothly.
I'm running my own Daphile system in the same machine at the moment.

But my question was how and not why
Thanks

Marco

i tried evrything!
the best result is using a Logitech transporter as a transport to feeding the dac (via bnc output).the transporter coax out is much much better than a squeezebox touch! and much better than spdif out of a cheap computer!
even when using daphile only as a server i can notice a difference!
for me the best natural sound is achieved with Windows (10 lstb x64) feeding the transporter with an ethernet cable. Daphile sounds more clear but not as musical as Windows! and you have to load in ram every cd before listenning to really have good quality! but his sound is very fatiguing! my brain...maybe, i invite you to make your own tests.
my Windows is extremely optimized, minimum services..etc...the lstb comes without bloatware and without telemetry its very clean and uses small disk space around 6gb, no updatable, no firewall, no antivirus, etc...etc..
i prefer the sound from ethernet to the transporter than jriver too.
anyway those Logitech transporters are wonderfull devices Nothing similar can be had today regarding outputs,inputs and flexibility! only 24/96 but i really don't need more as my collection is 99% 16/44.1

i let the transporter making the conversion from flac to pcm because it has a big buffer and it is able to avod jitter!
i always felt that wav. sounds better than flac but now all my collection is in flac!

a transporter can be had in second hand for around 500$ it will be cheaper than setting up 2 computers (and it has a very respectable dac + balanced outputs)

all linux based distros sound different! i'm not sure but i think they don't handle jitter well! probably cause linux drivers are crap! despite that those distro are very simple, lightweight and attractive!

by the way is better installing daphile on internal disk than usb or sdcard!

i don't use the dac of the transporter cause i have an exceptional audio note tubed dac from 1996! but the dac in the transporter have an exceptional soundstage and very natural sound comming out from the balanced outputs, rca is almost the same but hights are a litlle bit digital!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8YIvxCAoiU&t (use good headphones!)

Last edited:
i tried evrything!
the best result is using a Logitech transporter as a transport to feeding the dac (via bnc output).the transporter coax out is much much better than a squeezebox touch! and much better than spdif out of a cheap computer!
even when using daphile only as a server i can notice a difference!
for me the best natural sound is achieved with Windows (10 lstb x64) feeding the transporter with an ethernet cable.

Thanks for the reply. Please describe in detail this windows 10 > ethernet cable> Logitech transporter system

Marco

Thanks for the reply. Please describe in detail this windows 10 > ethernet cable> Logitech transporter system

Marco

foxconn nt-535 atom d525 1.8ghz(80$ used) foxconn.png ALC888 ,8gb ram,hybrid 750gb sata 8gb ssd, cheap ethernet cat6 and bnc coaxial cable 75ohm from blue jeans cables, pc is conected to router by wifi and transporter by ethernet to pc, transporter can be connected to wifi and bridge ethernet to connect pc behind too,
Logitech media center 7.8.1
the nanopc has optical spdif but i soldered a coaxial rca cable directly, so i can use jriver or foobar or squezelite direct to dac.
and daphile installed on sdcard... etc
very versatile little pcl

Last edited:
View attachment 602897 pc is conected to router by wifi and transporter by ethernet to pc

I would do the same : Daphile-pc server connected to router by wifi and Daphile pc client connected by ethernet cable to Daphile- pc server.
I tried a lot but i didn't' succeed. Have you any idea about the network setting to manage thi approach?
Thanks
Marco

I would do the same : Daphile-pc server connected to router by wifi and Daphile pc client connected by ethernet cable to Daphile- pc server.
I tried a lot but i didn't' succeed. Have you any idea about the network setting to manage thi approach?
Thanks
Marco

manually config the ethernet(server)device without gateaway...

Something like
255.255.255.0 (maybe 255.255.0.0 not sure)

i never tried daphile as a single client, there is also tinysqueeze much easy to configure 2pc server/client
to create tinysqueeze usb or sdcard is tricky
install first tinycore with this utiity http://www.pcengines.ch/tinycore.htm
and then paste tinysq_154.zip and sqkernelpack (pci or usb in function of your hardware)
https://bitbucket.org/dimas_sky/tinysqueeze/downloads/

Last edited:
Switching between HD ans SD Tracks - No audio

Hello everybody.

I'm running Daphile with lms 7.9 and a Marantz DAC/Amplifier PM7005. The problem I'm experiencing seems a bit strange to me...The test case is the following:
I make a playlist with two songs. Song A is an HD song (96/24), song B is a SD song (44.1/16).
Now, if I play song A first, Song B will be played but no audio comes out from the amplifier. If I play Song B first, Song A will be played and the audio comes out of the amplifier as it should be.
In the first case (no audio from the amplifier) I have to manually switch off/on the player from the lms interface and the audio starts to come out.

I also made another test. Same tracks played in different ways:

1) From LMS
2) From an external player (Yamaha CD-S700)
3) Foobar on an external Win 10 PC

The problem appears only with LMS switching from HD to SD track. With the other two options I have no issue.
This let me suggest that the issue is something related to the LMS player itself.....is it?

Can anyone give me a hint or a suggestion to solve the problem?

Hello everybody.

I'm running Daphile with lms 7.9 and a Marantz DAC/Amplifier PM7005. The problem I'm experiencing seems a bit strange to me...The test case is the following:
I make a playlist with two songs. Song A is an HD song (96/24), song B is a SD song (44.1/16).
Now, if I play song A first, Song B will be played but no audio comes out from the amplifier. If I play Song B first, Song A will be played and the audio comes out of the amplifier as it should be.
In the first case (no audio from the amplifier) I have to manually switch off/on the player from the lms interface and the audio starts to come out.

I also made another test. Same tracks played in different ways:

1) From LMS
2) From an external player (Yamaha CD-S700)
3) Foobar on an external Win 10 PC

The problem appears only with LMS switching from HD to SD track. With the other two options I have no issue.
This let me suggest that the issue is something related to the LMS player itself.....is it?

Can anyone give me a hint or a suggestion to solve the problem?

try LMS 7.8.1, i never liked 7.9 very unstable
(maybe try to convert to pcm before,in file types disable flac only pcm )

Are you aware that 7.9 has now been released as an official release, after having been shown to be quite stable for most people?

sorry none of those are official!

the oficial is ONLY 7.7.5
http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download

anyway 7.9 always gave me problems with linux!!!
even in Windows some things are changed in 7.9 in a very stupid way (by an idiot)

Last edited: