DAD Prime - My big loudspeaker toy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dears,

I'm not fluent in English, although to read without any problem.

I'll try to post everything about this lovely little toy, one 3-way speaker and high sensibility.

First, picture on my modest system.

IMG_3878.JPG

Hope you enjoy!

Tks,

Renato

Woofer 15" JBL 2226H 97dBs
https://www.jblpro.com/pages/pub/components/2226.pdf

Mid 10" PHL 3450 - 101dBs :)
http://www.lamaisonduhautparleur.com/hp/PHL/Pdf/SP3450.pdf

Tweeter Ribbon Fountek 97dBs
Fountek NeoCD2.0

Some pictures..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Espectacular!!!!

Listening impression ???
Crossover ???
Thanks for sharing. Give me some ideas.
More detail please.

1-
My fear of being aggressive left in the first test. Proved a very sweet box with Unbelievably resolution and formation of a giant soundstage.

Playback voice is lovely. And the fun is its ability to handle extremely high SPL without getting lost, electronic music becomes dangerous to the ears ... :): D

2- Passive, my project

Playback voice is lovely. And the fun is its ability to handle extremely high SPL without getting lost, electronic music becomes dangerous to the ears ... :): D

Last edited:
Is the medium vented ? (Qts is 0.24...)

Notice the beautifull foam suround with the PHL ...

Center to center with the Fountek : surmise subjective low crossing (between 2.5 K to 3.5 k hz ?)

Nice, why the tweeter in center position ?

The cabinet is sealed, that PHL is a case apart .. even at very high SPL, the cone does not move ... I'll try to make a decent video so that they can understand.

The cut is in 3rd order tweeter at around 3.4khz

Every ribbon has a poor dispersion in the vertical axis. Placed in the center, parallel to the ground to enable optimal response even in large environment ... and it worked.

The JBL 226 is very good and goes up as well, I had a margin of space to play the PHL at the top of the cabinet.

Dears,

I'll just put some new photos ...

Feel free if they have any questions we will be happy to try to answer.

Tks,

Renato

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.