• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DAC4392 audio converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
  This board provides 24 bit / 192 fs upsampling to any signal available at one of five inputs: USB, Optical, RCA, BNC or External I2S. Output format is I2S (64 fs bit clock). The board price is 149 Euros without shipping fee (up to 29 Euro but depends on your destination). See www.luckit.biz for details.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

DAC4392 Connections

This photo shows the physical board layout. You can connect five LEDs and one switch button to toggle between inputs. Last input is remembered in uC EEPROM and is selected as default at power-on. To power this board, a transformer with 8Vac/0.5A ac output is required.
  Also, I want to sell my DAC4392 test board (cleaned but used) along with one of this DACs: PCM1792A, PCM1794A, PCM1796 or PCM1798, both at 100 Euro - without shipping. I accept Western Union, Smith & Smith or Bank Transfers payments. Additional pictures available upon request.

Thanx!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Behringer DCX2496

Hello
  In addition to a allready existed features, the I2S Output port can be slaved to DCX2496 or other external source. Sample rate range is from 16 fs to 192 fs (Master or Slave Mode). The Direct Down-Sampling option of the ASRC can be manually controlled through a jumper.
  Cheers!

Improved power supply:

...LT1086 as pre-regulator replacing LM350 chip, TL431B (0,5% output voltage tolerance) shunt regulators all over the board except TL1431 used at Master Clock PS, Linear Technology's 1,8V 20uVrms low noise reg for SRC4392 IC. I use 1% resistors, no exception! Some say that it sounds better ;)
  Cheers!

HI,

What would be the jumper settings to use this with a Buffalo dac using the Sabre chip?

Spdif input to DAC4392, DAC4392 I2S outputs to Buffalo I2S input
Would the Buffalo's onboard 80mhz XO be disconnected and the DAC4392 24.576mhz feed the buffalo direct?

What are the J4 and J6 headers?

Regards,
T.

What would be the jumper settings to use this with a Buffalo dac using the Sabre chip?
  The DAC4392's I2S Output port must be used in Master Mode which also happens to be the default configuration. For that, the pins 3 and 4 from J3 header must be left unconnected (floating). Pins 5 and 6 from the same header are used to enable/disable the Direct Down-Sampling option of the decimation filter (for more details see SRC4392's datasheet at page 35). Pins 5 and 6 Unconnected = Direct Down-Sampling Filter is DISABLED. Also pins 7 and 8 toggles between 96 KHz and 192 KHz I2S output sample rate: unconnected = 192 fs, shorted = 96 fs sample rate.
Would the Buffalo's onboard 80mhz XO be disconnected and the DAC4392 24.576mhz feed the buffalo direct?
Even if can work with 24.576 Mhz signal provided by DAC4392, I strongly suggest to use on-board 80Mhz crystal oscillator instead for better jitter rejection.
What are the J4 and J6 headers?
J4 and J6 headers are used for flashing the uController and CPLD and are unused in normal operation.
  Best regards,
  Lucifix

Spare boards

I have five boards left from my previous DAC4392 design and I want to give them to those who use ESS DAC's evaluation modules and are interested in improving the sonic performances (of course, in digital domain). In addition to previous features, the cards are now upgraded with <= 1ps. jitter clock generator and have two 24.576 MHz output references (to slave the CD/DVD Player and others). The power supply was continuously upgraded since I strongly believe that a clean PSU will bring strong sonic performances.
  Those interested are welcomed to contact me at ekits(at)luckit.biz
Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.