• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have similar problem with AES/EBU input. I have the dac build by Qhuangho with the shield. Same source(Brayston DBP-2) works fine with Bryston BDA-2.
44K Redbook is fine.
When I try to play hires, the lock blinks once and the sample rate is showing 0.

All have similar problem with AES/EBU input and coaxial input, probably LMV7219 is fake... :eek:
I ordered the IC genuine and would like to try, the same schematic of input is used in the eval board ESS ..
AHsJFJhC1JVdTiwNFHjIzQRYghQooATggIBTTTRlyNVL0Z4COQLoGuCnQgAduFxBEWgoDaMibGzFWSPmU4csj+wM1PKj1okIIUjp6WEESB+BGGKhQHUrj5U6CaosGTVmjgxZfDhtogIpxgAJAgBgmZTpC5kNAxkcmaIq1B1PgSotWCgQzyIagHx4afCnFZqFdF5IKWCKgGENQxAxKdGi1yBCpWrMCCDCAC0TAdrsuGRDyAcYFIJ0QSDAAIIEiQBEYpWEh5JXTySZAQBmxYADD8KQaOQCTi8cXFZ5cGRBDYRUZd6AuiFnIIhOW1QQucCBFxJMLM7QFTgiioNZheYuAgwIADs=
http://www.esstech.com/PDF/Sabre_8_2Channel_64PIN_V3_SCH.pdf

Masterkey

SPDIF INPUT

Ok I see. Have you tried a 100nf. cap before the puls transformer ?

I have not tried mine yet. Still modifiing it. Will not be much left. Yes I am a bit exentric :)

As told before if you have problem with SPDIF you can try to eliminate the 75ohm and add a capacitor after the input transformer.

Probably you are using the DAC with non standard sources not able to be load the standard 75ohm.

LMV7219 is not a fake, this components has been buy at the Mouser shop.

In this schematic the 75ohm is in series but probably is wrong.
also the Buffalo board use this input with 75ohm to ground
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs/digital/buffalo_schematic.pdf

Last edited:
As told before if you have problem with SPDIF you can try to eliminate the 75ohm and add a capacitor after the input transformer.

Probably you are using the DAC with non standard sources not able to be load the standard 75ohm.

LMV7219 is not a fake, this components has been buy at the Mouser shop.

In this schematic the 75ohm is in series but probably is wrong.
also the Buffalo board use this input with 75ohm to ground
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs/digital/buffalo_schematic.pdf

Mine has not even been mounted yet with the transformer. You should have Quoted someone else. The Buffalo have problems to when playing loud it loose
lock. When shorting the series cap after pulse trafo on a Cood dac ( PCM 1794 ) it did not work at all.

Last edited:
Mine has not even been mounted yet with the transformer. You should have Quoted someone else. The Buffalo have problems to when playing loud it loose
lock. When shorting the series cap after pulse trafo on a Cood dac ( PCM 1794 ) it did not work at all.

Sorry I meant the Opus dac with Wolfson 8741. Can not function without the series cap.

I have made a ******* lot off dacs.

Quang hao, pls take your time. But pls inform me when you will send mine ? If possible, could you also send me the DAC board - output board conenctor & buttons for the front panel ? Pls inform me how mush I must pay for the connector & buttons.

thankyou..

yes i see it, im sure, i will sen to you tomorrow! when i ship i sent your information the ship!
thanks you your wait!

Dear All,

I've no time to build this lovely ES9018 DAC, and now I decided to sell the DAC kit.
The kit included the following:~

- Quanghao custom made chassis(defeated due to poor packing, still waiting Quanghao to send me a new facepanel and the sidepanel)
- Gold-plated RCAs, Neutrik XLRs, Toshiba RX147L
- DAC module, remote, display
- I/V module without any opamps
- Amanero USB module
- two custom made toroidal transformer with 220V-0 primary input, a 22VA for digital, and a 50VA for analog

Please PM me if interested.

Best regards,
Kenneth Lau

Dear Andrea,

I have updated the firmware.
I hope that the following issues can be corrected:

1) To display PCM sampling rate as "PCM 192K" (SPACE after PCM) or just "192KHz". Currently it display as "PCM192KHz", which looks too cramp and complicated.

2) To display volume level as percentage (eg. "92%"), like previously. Currently it display as "-6dB" which is not too user friendly. May be you can provide 2 firmwares, one shows %, another one shows dB?

Thanks.

Dear Andrea,

I have updated the firmware.
I hope that the following issues can be corrected:

1) To display PCM sampling rate as "PCM 192K" (SPACE after PCM) or just "192KHz". Currently it display as "PCM192KHz", which looks too cramp and complicated.

2) To display volume level as percentage (eg. "92%"), like previously. Currently it display as "-6dB" which is not too user friendly. May be you can provide 2 firmwares, one shows %, another one shows dB?

Thanks.

1)
We have 16 chararcters on any row.
PCM192KHz -192dB

no space for space
PCM 192KHz -192dB

you prefer ?
192KHz -192dB

2)
Not easy maintain both releases % and dB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.