• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Audiodesign,
problem using DAC-R and WDTV Live media player.
If I press any button on the WDTV remote control, the DAC repeats the last command given before via its remote control.
If I use only the DAC buttons onboard the problem does not occur.

ps: problem also with the remote control of Telesystem digital tv tuner.

Hi Audiodesign,
problem using DAC-R and WDTV Live media player.
If I press any button on the WDTV remote control, the DAC repeats the last command given before via its remote control.
If I use only the DAC buttons onboard the problem does not occur.

ps: problem also with the remote control of Telesystem digital tv tuner.

This is a known thing solved on firmware 57a

I use this PIC programmer to upgrade the firmware, cheaper than Pick-It.
Search in eBay or Aliexpress for "K150 PICPRO", it costs about $12.67.
It is made by BAITE and uses FTDI USB-Serial chip.

A side note, on my system, after the programming status bar reach 100%, somehow it pauses for about 8 minutes before the "Successful" prompt appeared, it works though, so be patience if this occurred.

I have uploaded the driver, programming software and a simple tutorial here:
BAITE K150 PICPRO Programmer Drv & SW.zip

Attachments

• DAC-END R & K150 PICPRO.jpg
    DAC-END R & K150 PICPRO.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 03 load new firmware2.jpg
    03 load new firmware2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 423
Hi guys!
Problem solved :D

Lmv7219 replaced with that acquired from rs-components.
Now locked from 32khz to 192khz without any glitches.

Tried with two input configurations:
1) input transformer + 0.1uF and 75r to ground
2) no input transformer + 0.1uF and 75r to ground

Tried both configurations with 1mt TV cable and 0.5mt tasker c123 cable.

Tomorrow I'll replace Lmv7219 of AES/EBU input and go to recording studio for the test...

I was disappointed about the faulty SPDIF input which could not take anything above 48KHz.:down:
Removing the 75R from the board did no good at all:redhot:
I must thank all the bros who are so knowledgeable to come up with this solution.:worship:
It was a real challenge for me:hbeat: to de-solder the tiny defective onboard LMV7219 and then re-solder the authentic LMV7219 ordered form rs-online.
Now, the SPDIF comes alive!:cheers:

Did anybody ever finally solve the issue of the inability of this unit to sync to high sampling rates via sp/dif and toslink? The last time I checked about this there seemed to be no consensus. Some people said that adding a capacitor fixes it. Others said that changing of one of the surface-mount chips was required. And one of the designers denied that any such problem existed as all.

Unfortunately my unit has consistently failed to sync on sp/dif above 48kHz, and above 96kHz over toslink since the day it arrived. But I've not had the time to mess with it until now. So I was hoping that a clear consensus might have been arrived at by now as to what the best approach is to take.

Last edited:
Did anybody ever finally solve the issue of the inability of this unit to sync to high sampling rates via sp/dif and toslink? The last time I checked about this there seemed to be no consensus. Some people said that adding a capacitor fixes it. Others said that changing of one of the surface-mount chips was required. And one of the designers denied that any such problem existed as all.

Unfortunately my unit has consistently failed to sync on sp/dif above 48kHz, and above 96kHz over toslink since the day it arrived. But I've not had the time to mess with it until now. So I was hoping that a clear consensus might have been arrived at by now as to what the best approach is to take.

1. Removing the 75R from the board did no good at all
2. Adding 0.1u capacitor after input transformer did no good at all

Replace the tiny defective onboard LMV7219 with an authentic LMV7219 (keep the 75R resistor and add a 0.1u capacitor after the input transformer) will solve the problem. You may also replace the LMV7219 on the AES input as well.

Andrea has kept denying the problem because he has the prototype DAC with him for testing and apparently the LMV7219 are not defective!
Please be reassured that the 191kHz should in fact be 192kHz as I have not flashed the latest MCU firmware supplied by Andrea yet.

Attachments

• DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_0213.jpg
    DSC_0213.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.