D amps than accept Digital In?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm researching digital 5.1 Pre/pros than output a LFE (analogue) and 5 digital outs. There are several, but i haven't found any reasonably(low) priced D power amps that accept a digital input.
I'm looking to hear from anyone who has such a HT set up.

Contrary to what you might think from the letter "D" in the name (and the way people market them), but it is not all straightforward to take a digital data stream and direct it to the kind of pulse-width-modulated (PWM) signal that gets amplified in A class D amp.

Check out the forums here. Those digital input amps people are working on are VERY complicated!

--Buckapound

langtuhanoi said:
Amplifier class D is not amplifie the digital signal but analog signal with switching
Tact is pure digital because it amplifie the digital signal without convert to analog signal
But many amplifier class D on market are not the same

I believe I understand what you are writing, and I have begun reading this digital forum. Is Tact a classification of amplification or a brand name. Can anyone point me to the thread that discusses alternatives to an all digital AVR ( Panasonic XR 57) such as digital pre/pro to all digital amps.
Thank you for your patiences,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.