D-amp with MAX15018 Half-bridge mosfet driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

been a looong time .... :D

while browsing at maxim for high-side mosfet drivers, I came upon the MAX15018 (same functionality with HIP2100)..so I ordered a few ...will be arriving this week I guess...

The thing that came out of my mind was self-oscillating.. same circuit with UCD180 (has adjustable deadtime, trimmer)... and 'replace' the discrete gate drivers with the said chip...

possible? :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

been a looong time .... :D

while browsing at maxim for high-side mosfet drivers, I came upon the MAX15018 (same functionality with HIP2100)..so I ordered a few ...will be arriving this week I guess...

The thing that came out of my mind was self-oscillating.. same circuit with UCD180 (has adjustable deadtime, trimmer)... and 'replace' the discrete gate drivers with the said chip...

possible? :rolleyes:

Hi RX5,

You know it will work! I think it will be better than the discrete driver version. Try it! Also check this http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/166214-ucd-25-watts-1200-watts-using-2-mosfets.html . There are several ideas around UCD.

Regards

Are you going to use MAX15018A or MAX15018B ?
MAX15018B looks more interesting to me, because only one input signal is needed.

Attachments

• maxim.JPG
    maxim.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 204
Very nice one!
Performance seems comparable with ucc27200/27201.
Too bad all these fast 100-120V drivers don't provide separate 'grounds' for input logic and low side source and the real ability to switch high charges at a megahertz or so i limited by maximum driver dissipation.

Are you going to use MAX15018A or MAX15018B ?
MAX15018B looks more interesting to me, because only one input signal is needed.

As you did after posting i had a look to datasheet of MAX15018 and i realised the same thing. So, one can drive this ic with LM311 and can adjust the deadtime with the very well known circuit. The other thing, as i know there are some pin compitable mosfet driver ics from maxim going up to 175V. Keep in mind this.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.