Cyrus2 - psx = NO SOUND

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I just took posesion of a Cyrus2 + psx, mint in boxes and it sounds like all the reviews blah blah.........
Hook it into my main system and all is well, no turn on thumps, no hissing (92db/w speakers), attenuator works fine then i thought 'why not try it without the psx'.......
So I unplug the umbilical, switch the amp back on and NO SOUND!!!!!!!!
Is there a jumper or switch to re-connect the front end and the output stage?
If its a case of lifting the lid, no probs as it could realy do with the phono sockets cleaning.
listening to it now, as i type, its prob the best £150 ive ever spent on an amp:D

Thanks for the reply and link Alex, it had me puzzled for a moment. Paid the seller for it today and was told that his father used to leave it on permanently as it took several days to propperly warm through, its been on for 30 hrs and it keeps on getting sweeter.
chuffed

When the Cyrus 2 is used with the PSX the internal fuses of the Cyrus 2 are removed. This disables the power amp supply but still allows the Cyrus 2 to power it's own phone pre-amp section.

The PSX takes over supply duties for the power amplifier with a slightly higher voltage and 500VA (much bigger) transformer with more smoothing capacitance.

Replacing the appropriate internal fuses on the Cyrus 2 allows it to work completely on it's own again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.